Anyone subscribe to Concealed Carry magazine ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've run across a magazine called Concealed Carry. They provided an electronic first issue free (120 pages) which appears to have some interesting articles. Annual paper subscription is $47 and $37 for the electronic version. I noticed they want to also sell some type of insurance that would apply to assistance after being involved in a self defense shooting.

Also lists affiliation with an entity labeled "Delta Defense, LLC."

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the magazine and, if so, opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I've run across a magazine called Concealed Carry. They provided an electronic first issue free (120 pages) which appears to have some interesting articles. Annual paper subscription is $47 and $37 for the electronic version. I noticed they want to also sell some type of insurance that would apply to assistance after being involved in a self defense shooting.

Also lists affiliation with an entity labeled "Delta Defense, LLC."

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the magazine and, if so, opinions.

Thanks in advance.

You're talking about the USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association). I've been a member for a couple of years; you get Concealed Carry magazine as part of the membership.

Regarding Concealed Carry magazine: I would say that it is a decent publication, probably on the same level as the NRA's American Rifleman publication. Can't say that I read it cover-to-cover but I usually find an article or two to read in each issue.

USCCA (and associated insurance): I've never used the insurance (knock on wood) so can't comment on it's usefulness in actual practice. The insurance is underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company and they supposedly have an "A" rating by AM Best. As far as I'm concerned, the insurance coverage seems legit. Whether you need it or not is a question only you can answer.

I will say that you get a fair number of marketing emails from USCCA (mostly "gun give-aways" that I suspect you actually just get cash to go buy the gun). I don't really mind them that much as they aren't terribly obnoxious or all that frequent. I suspect you can opt-out of the emails if you'd prefer.

Worth the money IMO.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    A few years ago, I had a subscription to their magazine. They had good content and I looked forward to getting it. I think they were just recently established at the time. I was interested in the idea of the insurance they were offering but held off until I had more information about their company. As time went on, I started to have problems with getting the magazines. They had just started offering the e-version of the magazines. Time and time again, I would have to call them and ask if they would send my magazine because it hadn't arrived yet. As time passed, with repeated calls, I gave up on them. I thought that if I couldn't count on them to get a magazine to me on time,I sure wasn't going to take the next step with the insurance. I really wanted it to work out though. It's too bad. They seemed like very nice people .

mike185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    price
    new to a forum,,how do i leave a post and what is a post and there is a contender barrel i would like to buy but i cant pm him any ideas thxs

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Wonder if this "Conceal Carry" magazine is delivered in plain brown wrapping............
    No, its not. I have been a member for a couple of years also. They have a "True Stories" section in every issue like "The Armed Citizen" section in Rifleman. I really enjoy those. Wondering what INGO member is a columnist.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Its from USCCA. A friend is a member and forwards all their junk emails to me (is there a Prize for signing up new members?) He is also an internet Firearms Expert, just ask him! He bought one of those Sneaky Pete Holsters (I think a Commander 1911 would fit in it) when I told him that wouldn't fool anyone he got p..... (Upset).

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I used to. HUUUGE waste of money and the HOUND you for more offers, constantly. That is what turned me off. Not a shread of info there that you can't get on INGO or out on the web.

Easy enough to hit delete on the emails. The NRA could be thought of as "hounding" you with offers for insurance, LifeLock, etc. too. Just sayin...

Roly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I use to have a subscription, but let it lapse, I found myself never having time to read it, because of all the magazine's I get in the mail.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I got a 1 year membership about 4 years ago. Decent magazine but never got to read it very much. Like i said, 1year membership 4 years ago, let it lapse but I still get the magazine.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    You can never make everybody happy. I've been a member for years and love the magazine, I think it is one of the best on the market. It is also the only magazine that I take now. I get offers on training material, but I've never been HOUNDED. I think the job they do is very good and have always been treated very well. My attorney via the insurance is Guy Relford (maybe you heard of him, eh) who I hope is never needed. I read the magazine cover to cover and parts of it more than once. A very good outfit, but then again you can't please everyone.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    new to a forum,,how do i leave a post and what is a post and there is a contender barrel i would like to buy but i cant pm him any ideas thxs

You just left a "post". It is considered a post when you either open up a new subject or reply to a existing posting like you just did!
    To purchase or sell an item through this site or use the private message application, you must either have 50 quality posts or pay $20 to become a site supporter.
    The posts must be of "quality" meaning something substantial not just yes or no. Really it doesn't take long to have 50 posts as there are several forums on the site, join the conversations and state your 2 cents or ask questions.

Top Bottom