Anyone switching up Broadheads this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Just curious if anyone is planning on trying out new broad heads for the 2013 season. I have been using Muzzy Mx-3s for a few years with good results but see that Muzzy has a new Trocar fixed head with right helical styled blades for increased spin as well as an upgraded .035 blade.

Very tempted to try then but they don't offer practice blades. I guess you just buy a set of replacement blades and shoot the real blades into your target?

I am also tempted to try some mechanical heads as well since I have always used fixed. How much better do they fly, I always hear they are more like your field points. Always been afraid of being the 1% when they don't open on a dream buck. I hate to second guess my equipment.

Muzzy Trocar 100-Grain 3-Blade Broadheads - 3-Pack : Cabela's

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll be watching for the reviews once guys start shooting the Toxic broadheads this fall. They certainly seem to have a great deal of potential. I'll be shooting Slick Trick Magnums in the mean time.

genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I have shot Razorcaps frm NAP for several years, but now they have been discontinued apparently. Too bad, I loved this head. I see that NAP is making a similar head which screws into the tip rather than base, so I think I will try them.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've been thinking about the new rage X-treme in 125 grains. I've been using Spitfire Maxx 125 gr.. I can't decide if it's worth it or not. I've heard lots of great things about the rage broadheads, and I've seen some pretty intense pictures of what they can do.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Ill be using rage 100gr two blades again for the third season, Ive killed 5-6 deer with them and never had an issue or one run more than 40 yards.

jrclaxon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Marion
    G5 Montec for me too...I've killed Elk, Bear and Deer with 100 grain and they perform. I've got one in a tree in Colorado that went through an Elk first! I unscrewed the arrow and left it there .:)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Magnus Stinger w bleeders for the Hoyt.
    Big ol' Snuffers for the Blackwidow.

BTW, I've used Montecs and Snuffer SS (both with 60 degree blade surface angles)...........they work, but I like a finer angle.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I gave up Rage 2-blade broadheads two years ago in favor of Slick Tricks, and don't regret the decision for a moment. I went from 1 pass-through out of 9, to 6 out of 6.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    G5 montes in the 125 gr variety. Just like the last 4 years simply the best head on the market. Period!
    G-5 Montecs for many years.. No replacement blade $$$, easily sharpens on a 12" mill bastard file..practice with same heads..one minute on the file ..go hunting..easy peasy..Use 4 inch helical feathers or vanes..

Top Bottom