Anyone switchout their serrated Glock trigger for a smooth trigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I love my Glock 23 but when I rented and shot a Glock 21 I really liked the smooth trigger. It was much kinder to my trigger finger which can get sore from the trigger ridges after extended shooting.

I've read about it but wanted to see if anyone here had done it. Do I just order a Glock 22 trigger?

Will this decrease reliability?

Thanks,

FG12351

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I've done this with my 23. I HIGHLY recommend switching, the smooth is much more comfortable. There will be no change in reliability, as the trigger bar is the same factory Glock part.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Same but better!

I installed the smooth triggers which I purchased from Glockmeister on both my G27 and my wife's G26, it is a great,"feels good", improvement! The only reason that any Glocks come with the serrated trigger is a silly import rule that requires a certain number of points in order to qualify a weapon as legal for import into the United States. The smooth trigger and trigger bar are the same as the serrated one except for the texture. We have put nearly 3000 rounds downrange through the guns since installing the smooth triggers with not a single malfunction of any kind. :)

G26025.jpg

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Not coincidentally, I do, too. :)

I dont understand about the import rule and the number of points...can anybody explain that?

In order for a pistol to be deemed importable, it must accrue at least 75 "points" on ATF's arbitrarily-weighted features list:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-5.pdf

The grooved Glock trigger counts as a "target trigger" for the purposes of importation, and helps make up for the smaller frame size (worth fewer points) of the compact and subcompact models. Now that Glock is building guns in the US, this point system is pretty much out the window and they could easily do away with the grooved trigger if they wanted.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom