Anyone taking Tactical Response Fighting Pistol 3/26, 3/27?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am signed up to take fighting pistol next week in Camden.

Any other INGOers going to be there?

Any tips from people who have taken the class?

I have a good pistol, belt, mag holder, holster, 5+ mags with my name on them. Any gear I should be careful not to overlook?

BearFodder

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I took the class last weekend and I took everything on list except the elbow pads and the camelback. In addition to the list I took a spare fighting pistol (just in case), UpLULA speed loader, & my cleaning kit. I also took my BUG but did not use it. A few others did use their BUG during training and it was probably good practice for them.

You will be laying down in some of that Tennessee red clay for some shots, so bringing towels or something to lay in the seat and floor board will save on cleaning time later on.

It was a great class. Hope you learn from it and enjoy it as much as I did.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Yes an uplula is a nice addition to the kit. If you have a back up gun, pocket .380, 9mm or snubbie take it you will have the opportunity to get some time with it. A few trash bags to put muddy gear in at the end of the day or weekend. If you wear jeans and t-shirt or hoody wear that for training with your daily carry holster. If you wear a suit come up with some old crap to wear similar to your daily dress. If you carry your magazine in your pocket rather than a holder then train that way. I wish I was going down with you , have fun and enjoy.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Advice so far has been good.

If you're staying in the Team Room (and you should) bring your own sleeping bag and pillow-- it makes things easier. Also bring a 24 pack of toilet paper to donate to the cause. Get up early and get your shower first. And say "yes" to breakfast (or dinner) when you are invited.

Don't repetitively click your pen if Yeager is speaking (watched one get launched across the room).

Don't point guns at people who don't deserve it.

Stop by SOE and say Hi to John Willis. Bring cash and buy some gear. He'll cut you a deal.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I went last june and had a blast. All above is great info. Another tip is to dump all your ammo into a ammo can loose without the boxes, it will save you some time on day 1. If you dont have electronic ear pro. Get some asap! Have fun.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Thanks for the tips so far, more input is welcome!

I am bringing a camel back, but leaning away from intending to use it since it will be cool temps. It's no big hassle, but if I don't need to wear it around, I'll skip it. Any thoughts on that?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Take good notes. If James is teaching, he discusses some great topcs and gives information I've not seen him discuss on his videos. Also, be prepared to rack your slide after EVERY reload, even if you KNOW there is already a round chambered. As Esrice suggested, take somethig to leave behind for future classes to use.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Seriously: Take means of hydration with you to the range. Cool temps or not, you'll still need to keep hydrated. I may not want to wear the camelbak either, but I'd sure have it with me + a few nalgene bottles.

Have fun! Don't shoot the camera man.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I found a camelback was good, but I ended up taking a few gallon jugs of water in a big cooler (I went in july). I never had much time to drink from the camelback on the line, but when I was reloading my mags, I could drink water from the gallon jugs. I brought my back up gun as well, but I only used it once. They wont tell you when to use it, but if you run completely out of ammo during a drill, use the back up. I was assuming they would spend a portion of the day for back ups, but its kind of a on your own thing. I was the only one out of 30 people who brought a back up-hopefully there is more in your class that bring one. I've been to several commercial schools, and you are in for a great class.

And when you're on the way home and you are trying to justify how you can get more money and ammo to sign up for another class-this is normal.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For the price of a good writeup and review I'll supply anything I have that you think you might need. (As an Appleseed instructor, icing on the cake, I'll let you keep it.)

I would love to take this class. I basically opened this thread to say what Bfish said 25 minutes ago. :-)

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Post a review of the class on INGO! I'll be going within the next year!
    I second this and look forward to your take on the class. Class looks solid and I am interested in taking it also. Have a great time and I look forward to your AAR.
    Nigel

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    First day done, good folks. I will post an AAR after I get home.

The first day was pretty much like this, except instead of waiters there was a guy in a plate carrier yelling at you and instead of being in a little cafe, we were in a muddy red field littered with brass and shotgun shell hulls, otherwise it was this, with handguns and profanity.

[video=youtube;xqdYqIYNiZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqdYqIYNiZM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom