• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Like the title says. I have only seen Travis Haley use one on the Tactical Carbine Course Vids but have seen little else of them. Does, or has, anyone used a Redimag? What did you think? Do you still use it? Thanks for any insights.
    IMG_3877%20Stick.jpg

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I had one of the early models (no window)... it worked as advertised, it did add a little weight, especially to the side with a loaded mag.

I opted to go KISS and only have optics, sling and a BUIS anymore so it was sold off.... and no I dont miss it one bit.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    im thinking about getting one also. travis did a good job with his in that dvd which makes me think it might work well for me too.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yes sir...
    I've got one of the original redi mags. I like it very much. It currently isn't attached to my boom stick because I had to repaint the rifle. Soon as the rifle dries out it will be re-attached.
    Rocks, mud, and water are hard on those pretty finishes. lol!

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I have had a Redimag on one of my Bushmaster carbines for many, many years. It works great. It does add weight, but not much. You can drop a mag; pull a mag from the Redimag; and put another mag in the Redimag from your gear. Its better than taping mags together, or using those Mag-cinch deals. If you accidently hit the mag release the mag in the Redimag stays in place. That is the way its designed. They work well.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Whatever happened to jungle mounting those puppies together? :D Where's me duct tape!

I had one on an AR I built, it worked great, but given the extra step it added, I was better off with a well designed mag pouch.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I use one on my patrol rifle. I love it. I installed it on my rifle a couple of years ago. I have made hundreds of mag changes with it and it takes minimal movement on my part. Since it is a patrol rife, I really want to keep 2 loaded mags on it at all times. I hate butt stock pouches and they are almost worthless on a carbine stock. The problem I have with mag cinches is that ,under stress, when the rifle runs dry what is instinctual to do? Drop the empty mag. You drop your empty mag and your good mag goes with it. Under fire, I'm not going to have time to retrieve my reload. The Redi-mag solves that problem. Here is mine with 2 orange Pmag training mags I bought from DSG Arms. I use the orange for range only so I do not tear up my carry mags. I beat the snot out of these.
    OrangePmags7.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    thanks for the response. Denny, is it easy to install?
    Yeah, it really is. It just wraps around the mag well and bolts together. The most I had to do was take the trigger guard off. It comes with a rubber tube that wraps aroung the mag well to keep the RediMag from tearing up the rifle finish.

Top Bottom