• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I am getting ready to order some Wolf small rifle primers and wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with them? They have a small rifle, small rifle magnum, and a small rifle 223. I will be using them in a bolt action 223 using either 844, varget, or benchmark powder. I don't mind having different primers on hand for different powders but I'm not sure which one to use. Wideners site has different info than what I've read on other forums. My main concern is lighting the 844 so I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not with rifle, but I bought some for small pistol about a year ago and will never buy them again. I've loaded 9mm for almost 20 yrs and never had a problem till I used them. Pistol is a Sig 226, since I bought Wolf I've had light primer strikes, sometimes it takes 2 or three hits to get the rounds to go off, some wont even go . Load with Winchester primers and every one goes off.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've used the Wolf SR magnum primers for loading .223. They are a little harder to seat than say Remington, but they work fine.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    The only issues I've had is sometimes in a batch there will be a couple of the anvils upside down or missing. It's easy enough to look for before loading. Those are the only issues I've had with them out of many thousands.
    Good to know. I picked up a bunch a while back, but haven't used any yet.

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I had some strange ignition issues with their small pistol primers last year, but have had good luck with the rifle primers.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I've use the Wolf SR primers in both .223 loads, .38Spl/.357Magnum and .38Super/SuperComp. I've only had 12 or 13 not go bang out of 6000+ primers that I've used and I think those were because I was having drag issues with the hammer on my comp'd pistol. They've lit off every load I've tried them with in 3 or 4 different AR's but they've been really pretty well flattened in an AR. I've ran them with SP2/WW231/WW296 pistol powders, WC844 and BLC-2 rifle powders. You should be good to go with them.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Used the wolf primers to load some 9mm. Had multiple FTF in a ruger, browning and a glock. I will not be using wolf primers again.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Currently using wolf small rifle, not sure if the 223 variety or not. I use them with benchmark powder pushing a 55 gr hornady fmjbt. No issues in my ar, standard mil spec lower.

Top Bottom