• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with recent offerings from Kahr. I've been interested in a K9 for years but never got one. A few years ago I had been reading where Kahr was having some QC issues and were having more problems with their polymer guns, but I never seem to hear much about the steel frame guns and then everything went silent. So my questions are, Has Kahr got themselves lined out? And Does anyone own or have owned a K9 or P9 that feels like sharing their thought? This is just one of those guns I can't seem to get out of my head.

Thanks.

I misspelled experience in my thread title. :( could someone please fix it for me?

Last edited:

Guncraft

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    I have owned a Kahr K40 for 20 years and it has never failed. I carried it as a backup gun for about 15-years and routinely carry it off duty. As far as recent ownership, I owned a polymer framed Kahr P45 two years ago and it was also a quality weapon - and should be for the price. As far as any QC issues go, I have not seen any firsthand myself and have trained officers who have carried a few different Kahrs as backup weapons. Both will shoot as well for me at 25-yards as any full-sized weapon.

With that having been said, I prefer the steel frame for only one reason - I can customize it with checkering and other options that are not as easily accomplished on a polymer framed gun. With that having been said, the lighter polymer framed Kahrs are awesome to carry and are very slim which makes them very concealable even in 40S&W and 45ACP. What they bring to the table in conceal-ability is the sacrifice of round count.

Andy

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a PM9 2-3 years ago and it was nothing but problems. I'd go with a glock 43 or Shield.

This is what I heard about 2 or 3 years ago. Kahr expanded rapidly and began producing multiple models under several brand names. It seemed like they bit off more than they could chew at the time. But I hadn't heard if they ever got straight again.

I just don't like the Shield or G43. I really like the Sig P239 but it is the size of a G19 and heavier with less capacity. So I have to keep talking myself out of that one too. The K9 though its just a sexy looking gun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have owned a Kahr K40 for 20 years and it has never failed. Andy

This is what I hear over and over about the K series. Everyone who has one has owned it for years. I don't hear much about the new K series guns being produced. If they are still the same quality as they were.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the input guys. Anyone know of any shops that have a good selection of Kahrs? Most places I know of only stock the CW and very rarely a P series gun or two.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Plainfield shooters supply used to have a good selection of Kahrs. I dont know if they still do or not. I have owned many models of kahrs. The k series are great guns, I also love my p380.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Kawtech - I keep adding to my list of Kahr's and have not trouble. If you want detailed analysis - I suggest Kahrtalk.com. They are quick to jump on any issues with any particular model.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have put several thousand practice rounds through my PM9 which is with me every time I leave home, including biking. I have had zero failures and it amazes me that at the public range I shoot at which is 25 yards minimum I can hit an 8x10 sheet of paper. Well beyond what I call pistol distance.

The PM9, per the owners manual, prefers heavier loads and is one of the few pocket pistols I know of that is +P rated.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks again guys. I'll have to pop over and see Bob at PSS to see what he has. I hate going there though the smell of stale smoke kills me.

I have been lurking around kahrtalk and haven't read anything bad about the K series guns side from a few mag issues maybe.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have been shooting a CW45 for several years now and have just over 6500 rounds through it now without a hitch. It has been 100 percent from the start. I initially bought it for the novelty of a slim, lightweight 45acp and the fact that it was $350, but it has become one of my two go to sidearms.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've owned 2 CM9's and two CW9's. My father has owned a P40 and a CM9. Between both of us, we have thousands of rounds down range with them. We clean and lube our guns after each session but I don't remember any of our Kahrs jamming, believe it or not.

I purchased my second CM9 used and the extractor popped out mid magazine. It finished the magazine without issue or jamming lol. I sent the gun back to Kahr and they had it returned to me within a month, no questions asked.

I purchased a Sig P938 as a replacment to the CM9. I shoot the Sig better, but it gets dirty quicker and isn't as reliable as the Kahr was.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My CW45 consistently went click instead of bang. Had a bunch of light primer strikes. Called Kahr and they blew me off blaming my ammo.

Funny how all that "bad" ammo went off without any problems through my other firearms.

Never another Kahr for me. Expensive paper weights is all they are. Poor customer service to boot.

The CW got gone and Glock took its place. Couldn't be happeier with the Glock.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks again guys. I'll have to pop over and see Bob at PSS to see what he has. I hate going there though the smell of stale smoke kills me.

I have been lurking around kahrtalk and haven't read anything bad about the K series guns side from a few mag issues maybe.
    I havent smelled any smoke in the new shop. May be non-smoking now.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I havent smelled any smoke in the new shop. May be non-smoking now.

NEW SHOP? Did they move? Bob had a bad habit of smoking in his store. Even after the smoking ban was passed. Even as a former smoker the smell in his shop drove me out of there after only a few minutes. Last time I was in there was January of 2012 I hadn't heard of them moving since then.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My CW45 consistently went click instead of bang. Had a bunch of light primer strikes. Called Kahr and they blew me off blaming my ammo.

Funny how all that "bad" ammo went off without any problems through my other firearms.

Never another Kahr for me. Expensive paper weights is all they are. Poor customer service to boot.

The CW got gone and Glock took its place. Couldn't be happeier with the Glock.

The CW series were the ones rumored to be having the most issues a couple years ago. According to a few threads on Kahrtalk your experience with Kahr customer service does not seem to be the norm. Hopefully they have fixed their issues. That is why I started this thread, to discuss current Kahr products and service. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom