• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Crazy question I know. My wife asked me if there were any classes that I would like to take the weekend of August 2nd. Last year we went to Memphis for the weekend. I got to train, she got to hang out at the spa. Apparently she really wants to ditch the kids and have her spa day again. That weekend is her birthday so it is an easy excuse to abandon the children with the In-Laws.

So INGO, what exotic location choices do we have for this year?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yep been to Frankenmuth. I have even camped in the little park in town. Bet you didn't know this but I went to grad school at Michigan State. I still think the UP by lake Superior is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I liked it up there but Mrs. VERT has not set foot in the state since January 2000. That was the night we left Michigan during a snow storm in a Nissan pickup pulling a Uhaul. While I was in school she worked for a company that worked to get peoples medical bills paid via government programs. I am guessing she developed a tainted view of the general demographics of the area.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    No, but there are 6 or so spas nearby. We would be happy to help you find one. Will also be glad to assist with hotel reservations, as we do for any out of town clients who request it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No, but there are 6 or so spas nearby. We would be happy to help you find one. Will also be glad to assist with hotel reservations, as we do for any out of town clients who request it.

I did ask the wife about this. She quickly shot down a trip to Evansville. Maybe another time!

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have switched to carrying a 1911 and my Glock is a .40. No way I could make it through their course.

When I took TR courses they didn't survey us on pistol types. If you can do the whole week, that Way of the Pistol or Trifecta would be a good set of classes. Way of the Pistol, I believe, is Fighting Pistol, Advanced Fighting Pistol, and FoF scenarios on the last day. I've done all three of those as separate classes and would recommend all of them. The Trifecta is FP, AFP, and medical. I have not done their medical class but I would like to. It seems like they rarely offer it outside of the Trifecta anymore.

TR's Fighting Pistol and Advanced Fighting Pistol will put you through some drills you probably wont see other places. If you aren't too squeemish about the range practices associated with them, I guarantee they will make you a better, more focued shooter and put it in to some context. Their FoF offerings are definitely worth experiencing.

Top Bottom