• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I picked up a substantial quantity of Ramshot Tac powder. I initially loaded a couple hundred rounds and they seemed to work okay for plinking in my .223. Last weekend I loaded another 1400 or so rounds with plans to keep loading till I run out of projectiles or cases whichever comes first.
    Many here have their preferences of powders here with only rare mentions of Tac. Is there anything I should be aware of using Tac? So far, it seems to shoot relatively clean and meters through my Dillon 650 very well.
    I also intend to use it to load for my .308 plinking rounds.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
    Matt

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I love the stuff, measures well, shoots clean, seems to work best with a little heavier bullets in the .223

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    From everything I've read about it, TAC is a great powder for heavy .223 bullets and for 308.
    Hard to beat CFE223 for .223/5.56 though. Nice powder.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think the reason you dont see much about Ramshot Powders is that it is relatively new, and many of us are used to the many other powders that have been around longer, or that our dads (or grandads) used to use.
    I recently came into a good deal in Vitavitauri (sp) pistol powder. Def not what I was used to, but but all indications I have so far, I am a fan of it.

If you find anything these days, your doing good. If you are having good luck with what you have found, by all means run with it.

Top Bottom