• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great news article about Ron's travel from DC back to his home in Texas. The Associated Press wanted so bad to pin a "big spender" tagline on him, but it completely backfired. Great reporting from Lawrence O'Donnell

[ame]http://youtu.be/Vcn15iZSjQo[/ame]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wish someone would tell me which news stories are 100% true, which are somewhat true and which are complete trash. The common practice currently seems to be to make the decision based on the topic of the story.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I wish someone would tell me which news stories are 100% true, which are somewhat true and which are complete trash. The common practice currently seems to be to make the decision based on the topic of the story.

Aint that the truth .... Seems like every organization has an agenda

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Am I crazy or isn't there supposed to be some kind of accountability for journalist who falsify news story????

Nope. You're not crazy--so far as *I* know!! :D

On the other hand, "supposed to be" and "is" are two completely different topics. I'm not in any way surprised that the AP would release total garbage, especially with regards to politics in an election year. I AM surprised--pleasantly so--to see someone else publicly humiliating the AP for its total disregard of and misrepresentation of the facts. THAT is the kind of reporting that journalists SHOULD be doing, but that seems to be getting more and more unusual nowadays with the urge to sensationalize every single story.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Am I crazy or isn't there supposed to be some kind of accountability for journalist who falsify news story????

Yep, you're crazy. Outside of slander and libel laws, there has never been a time when journalists/reporters/media participants have operated without bias or without an agenda. The idea of a neutral media corps is without precedent in history and a figment of our imagination in modern times. Historically, media's purpose was to spin. Historically, media--mostly newspapers--existed for the sole purpose of propagandizing the issues according to the leanings of the readership.

Top Bottom