• ...and so much more!
  • Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    The honored dead are better off...

Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers President Obama went to Arlington Cemetery to lay the wreath last year, but this year Obama’s handing the wreath to Plugs and heading off to the more welcoming political climes of Chicago:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama plans to spend a long holiday weekend in Chicago.

The White House says Obama and his family will travel to their hometown on Thursday and stay through the weekend. It will be their first trip back home since a visit for Valentine’s Day weekend in February 2009.

On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.

In Obama’s absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington.

Obama will however make it back to Washington in time next week to honor Paul McCartney, who has sacrificed so much for the freedoms we enjoy.

Boy, I’m starting to think that West Point speech wasn’t from the heart.

Update: Obama will alter vacation plans slightly and travel to the Gulf on Friday in a desperate attempt to plug the blowout in his approval ratings.

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Michelle Malkin AP: Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    wow... this president is truly turning out to be one of the worst. Did Carter ever pull BS like this?
    Carter couldn't have found Arlington without the Secret Service leading the way.
    He was dumber than a brick, but at least he did something useful with his life.
    He grew peanuts.
    Mike

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    fred.gif

I can't believe it! I'm shocked! B. Hussein would turn his back on our soldiers and Veterans, again!?!

"Elizabeth, it's the big one! I'm coming to see ya!"

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This is going to be the WORST PRESIDENT this country has ever had. I hope he's not the last.

(I hope we have a country left)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    wow... this president is truly turning out to be one of the worst. Did Carter ever pull BS like this?

I think Carter truly believed his ideals were what were best for America. Obama hates this nation and what it stands for, and is actively seeking to destroy it so he can transform it.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    As much as it t's me off that he isn't going the bright side is he will not disgracing the hollow grounds of the American Warrior!

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I think it's great! Obama is openly showing his disregard for our nation, and all but his most ardent supporters are beginning to see it. With his attitude the way it is now, I don't think 2012 will go well for him.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    48 seconds of googling turned up the folllowing:
    Bush sent Quayle in 1992. Due to the campaign trail.
    Reagan sent Bush in 1983. Due to economic summit.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    OBAMA IS TRASH!!! A DISCRACE TO THE OFFICE. Us Veterans will do just fine without him!!! We take care of each other. we dont need a FAKE American attempting to Honor our fallen Brothers.

he cant even put his hand over his heart out of respect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o

LAZY TRAITOR!!! Id love to see the Army drag him out of the white house in shackles while the SCOTUS watched on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From Reagan and George H.W. Bush both had representatives lay wreaths on Memorial Day | Media Matters for America

In 1983, President Reagan had Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Thayer represent him at the ceremony.

On Memorial Day in 1992, Vice President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the tomb while Bush spoke to American Legion members in Kennebunkport, Maine, and played golf.

48 seconds of googling turned up the folllowing:
    Bush sent Quayle in 1992. Due to the campaign trail.
    Reagan sent Bush in 1983. Due to economic summit.

+1! It appeasr I7BO is not the first one to not go to the ceremony. IMO if you are POUS you HAVE to go to the event and lay the wreath YOURSELF unless you are on your death bed. Otherwise come hell or high water you should have to go p-e-r-i-o-d!

Never did like Bush 1 and now I'm not likely Regan either. :xmad:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    What is so freaking magic about a date? Memorial Day is an arbitrary date decided by legislators after moving the date from early May. The joint is open 24 hours a day for crying out loud. It's like a 7-11. You can pretty much go anytime you want.

I was supposed to go visit family graves this weekend, but I'm going boating instead. Sue me.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    What is so freaking magic about a date? Memorial Day is an arbitrary date decided by legislators after moving the date from early May. The joint is open 24 hours a day for crying out loud. It's like a 7-11. You can pretty much go anytime you want.

I was supposed to go visit family graves this weekend, but I'm going boating instead. Sue me.

Thanksgiving is a day when we pause to give thanks for the things we have

Memorial Day is a day when we pause to give thanks to the people who fought for the things we have.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is why the date is "freakin magic"!!!
    Mike

Top Bottom