• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I just started putting on the Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit on my M&P9. I got the hard sear, new sear return spring and new trigger spring done tonight. I would have also put in the new striker block if I could have gotten the rear sight off ... I think they welded mine on.

Anyways, without upgrading the striker block yet, the trigger feels much better already (dry fire tests only so far). I am really impressed. I always liked the M&P but the trigger is now really crisp and the reset is short and obvious. It is a noticeable improvement. The new striker block should smooth it out even more I expect.

I should get out to the range tomorrow to give it a run through (and to see if the guys there can help loosen/remove the rear sight so I can finish off the upgrade).

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    the rear sights are hit and miss one will just about fall out(like the one on my 9c that fell off) and the others are stuck. I could barely get the setscrew loose on my 9l but i sent it off for new sights and he installed the USB for me..

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    APEX kit is ftw. I got my M&P and it had already had just the sear installed and I was amazed at the difference of how that trigger felt compared to factory trigger. The rest of the kit just makes it that much more sweet. All the glock fanboys who complain about the M&P not having a distinct reset have absolutely no reason not to upgrade to an M&P w/ an APEX kit. Better looking, better ergonomics, perfection made more perfect :-D

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Actually the RAM is for the distinctive reset Glocks are known for.
    I have the DCAEK in my M&P 45 and now am ordering the RAM to complete the ensemble for that one and my Burwell modded M&P 9.
    Burwell's action job is a LOT different compared to my DCAEK for those inquiring minds...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have a Burwell gun and the rest have Apex sears, USB's, and Rams. I think the Burwell trigger is still a little nicer than my Apex's.

To the OP, don't know where you are located, but I have an M&P sight pusher.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Got my competition kit for my Pro today (yes, I know I should have just bought the L) and that is going to be my rainy Saturday project.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Actually the RAM is for the distinctive reset Glocks are known for.
    I have the DCAEK in my M&P 45 and now am ordering the RAM to complete the ensemble for that one and my Burwell modded M&P 9.
    Burwell's action job is a LOT different compared to my DCAEK for those inquiring minds...

I had come to the conclusion that they didn't make a RAM for the 45... Did I miss something???

Top Bottom