Appendix Carry, Fullsize Handgun -- Advice for guys on the "thinner" side??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJ-WHAM13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    Carmel
    Howdy INGO friends,

I'm facing a bit of a predicament. I currently own a Springfield XDM 3.8 9MM Fullsize and would really like to appendix carry if possible. I purchased a kydex appendix carry rig from a guy on here actually; it is good quality for the most part but the way he shaped the kydex, it has some random bulges and stuff that make it uncomfortable for me to use.

Basically I have 2 questions:

1. For guys like myself, 5' 10", 165 lbs, and not a really wide or thick frame, what are some recommendations for appendix carry/concealing?
    2. Recommendations for specific brands, models, etc. of holsters?

Just learning as I go along here and am open to ideas.

Thanks for the help!

-Wham

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    There's no reason why you can't Appendix carry the gun you have now.

I like following AIWB holsters:

Phlster Access
    Dale Fricke Archangel

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I AIWB carry with a Dale Fricke Archangel daily. I'm the exact dimensions you describe. I carry a Ruger SR9c, so it is smaller, but I'm confident I could CC my Beretta 92 in this position. I can carry without much printing with just a T-shirt on. With a larger gun I'd maybe wear a looser t-shirt or wear a button down shirt.

Use a good belt and a good holster and it will be concealed and comfy.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I carry appendix every day with a dale fricke archangel also... I can carry sub compact as well as a compact frame glock without any issues. I've done this while fluctuating between 155 and 210 pounds... Yes I know that is a lot. It honestly is easier to hide it while skinny than while fat. You'll be good to go with it!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dale Fricke AA here as well everyday with a G19, 6' 200# with a little extra center of gravity, still conceals in shorts and Tshirt as long as you don't buy Affliction shirts or schmediums

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have never found a Kydex holster that was remotely comfortable for appendix carry. I use a leather Bianchi for my 26 and 19. Carry appendix every day. It hides the best for me at 1 o'clock.

Inbowhunter21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    NW Indiana
    I'm same size and weight also. I've also been wanting to carry appendix but I'm having issues w the handle of my glock 23 stabbing me in the stomach when I bend over or sit in vehicle. Do u guys that carry appendix have that issue and just deal w it or no?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    AIWB in a Dale Fricke Archangel or Serephim about 14 or so hours a day for the last 7ish years. I have tried a few others in that time, and there are certainly some other good ones, but keep coming back to Fricke. Latest one I tried was the Raven Eidelon. Meh. BTW, 6' 175 lbs.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm same size and weight also. I've also been wanting to carry appendix but I'm having issues w the handle of my glock 23 stabbing me in the stomach when I bend over or sit in vehicle. Do u guys that carry appendix have that issue and just deal w it or no?
    I'll say it before Chezuki does...pull your pants up. The gun should ride high. That way when you bend over it moves with your torso.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'll say it before Chezuki does...pull your pants up. The gun should ride high. That way when you bend over it moves with your torso.

This is true! I've never met Chezuki, but he seems like a good dude, and knows what he's talking about!

Top Bottom