• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If there's still room for me to get in, I will take 3.

BTW, Cable, thanks for ramrodding this. Everyone else thanks for supporting it. I will be glad to have the data books and I am grateful to see people working together to help each other. It pleases me to see that we can create, edit, source, and produce stuff like this locally and without drama. You guys are good dudes.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Anyone have the PDFs of the handouts from the KD event? It has the gridded sighters 100-500yds that can be added to the book.

Thanks.
    if you mean my pdf, let me know and I'll get one to you.
    But I am thinking you are referring to an official appleseed pdf of some sort?

Cable

Marksman
    Dec 9, 2012
    Come Up record.JPG

I'm going thru the content of the databook and have some questions.

Can someone explain to me how this chart in the databook is used?

See attached.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    It's for recording the differences in ammunition behavior. Using 55gr WPA my 25m zero is 9 click on the front post from the bottom with the drum set on Z. That is my no wind zero for my base ammo (it's identical to my zeros for M193). I have Comeups for it out to 700. Those zeros are not the same for other loads. M855 is close enough but 75 gr hand loads at 2800 fps are somewhat different.

Something like that chart is valuable to a person who is trying to cut Vs with different loads. It's unnecessary for field shooting where 4moa is close enough.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    Please bump my order to two. Thanks for heading this up too. Great job bud.

Cable

Marksman
    Dec 9, 2012
    if you mean my pdf, let me know and I'll get one to you.
    But I am thinking you are referring to an official appleseed pdf of some sort?

In the new databook I used the grid sighters that look similar to the data range cards so they have a consistent look.

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Out of curiosity, when do we think the data books may be done and available? I have a class I would like to take one. I really don't want to find/buy another one. Thanks

Cable

Marksman
    Dec 9, 2012
    Probably not for a couple of weeks. The print shop could not get the "ritr" paper so i had to order the paper from an online seller.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    When you get around to placing the order, I'm happy to pay up front. I know what it's like to try to get $$ from people later and it's not always fun :)

Top Bottom