Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My m4gery is finally done, no more things to buy but ammo!

ar1523_zpsmcb8r3th.jpg

Nice! What sight is that?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    20150325_151654_zpsquwgpdiz.jpg~320x480

at the range today with my sbr and my colt socom/mag tactical.
    It was windy. It was chilly. It was still a good day!

That SBR looks like the perfect home defense setup. It's funny, but I've come to enjoy range trips in bad weather more due to the fewer people at the range. Nice days bring crowds and I'm just not a people person.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    This followed me home this week. I'd been eyeballing it down at US Defense in Greenwood for a while and they had it priced below what I could find it for online. I'd actually been looking at getting an AR in .308 but went this direction instead. I've only run 85 rounds through it so far, but I love the thing. It's a Daniel Defense M4A1 with a 14.5 barrel, pinned flash hider and carbine length gas system.

I love it! I considered using that furniture on my AR build, but I couldn't find any handguard panels that matched :gheyhi:. How do you like the furniture?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love it! I considered using that furniture on my AR build, but I couldn't find any handguard panels that matched :gheyhi:. How do you like the furniture?

So far, I'm happy with it. I've only had it out once and found that it works very well. Grippy were you want grippy and smooth where you don't.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    That SBR looks like the perfect home defense setup. It's funny, but I've come to enjoy range trips in bad weather more due to the fewer people at the range. Nice days bring crowds and I'm just not a people person.

as for home defense i agree. wont lose your hearing trying to protect yourself. it's a 300 blk and she is soooooo quiet. and the super short package would make it real easier to get around corners and such. plus the recoil is basically non existent so keeping on target while firing is no issue. i even let my 8 year old shoot 1 round from it.

[video=youtube;wNpLNOcCaPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNpLNOcCaPo[/video]

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What did your groups look like?

Nothing noteworthy yet, but that's due to my aging eyes, not the rifle. At 50 yds, I was getting about a 2" group. That's about as good as I get with a 1x optic and double that for irons. With the Eotech mounted, I'm happy with that. I have a 1-4x AR optic on my M&P 15 and I can do sub-1 inch group with the right load and 4x magnification. I have every reason to believe the DD will do similar when I find the load it likes and add a magnifier for the Eotech.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    as for home defense i agree. wont lose your hearing trying to protect yourself. it's a 300 blk and she is soooooo quiet. and the super short package would make it real easier to get around corners and such. plus the recoil is basically non existent so keeping on target while firing is no issue. i even let my 8 year old shoot 1 round from it.

[video]https://youtu.be/wNpLNOcCaPo[/video]

Your son has great trigger discipline and is a pretty good shot for his first time with that rifle. He's a lucky kid to be able to learn the ropes with top notch equipment.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Your son has great trigger discipline and is a pretty good shot for his first time with that rifle. He's a lucky kid to be able to learn the ropes with top notch equipment.

thanks man. we work on it a home, going over safety rules (most important) and firearm function. he's been around guns since he was born and only first started shooting 2 weeks ago with my ruger 10/22. he was ready.

[video=youtube;WdtjbOB_aTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdtjbOB_aTg[/video]

right now we are working on fundamentals. just using irons sights. he really loves to shoot and has been taking it very seriously. i'm very proud of him. wish i was as lucky as he is to be doing this at 8 years old but my father was lame.

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Nice setup. How do you like the NP3 BCG? I've been on the fence about getting one for a DPMS I have.

I'm a big fan of np3 bcg's. I've owned one othe np3 bcg in a GI AR and it was very easy to keep Clean. It just wiped off.
    I've yet to shoot my sr556, but I'd imagine with a piston AR, it'll be like butter to clean.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Just got the... Arisaka m-lok light mount, Arisaka m-lok finger stop, and the SSS qd 308 brake shield for my YHM brake. The brake shield should really tame it down and may even make it enjoyable to shoot.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    View attachment 37403 My new paint job. I decided to have a custom built AR15 it should be truely custom, so I had Allen paint it up for me. Besides the paint is a billet lower , vltor Mur1 upper , MI gen2 SS f.f. tube, 18" J.P enterprise medium weight barrel w/ enhanced bolt and low mass carrier, backed up by the JP 1 piece buffer system inside of a Magpul UBR stock and a not pictured CMC flat 3.5lb trigger. Absolutely accurate and in my opinion beautiful. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Figure it's my turn to share. Built this...well assembled this about 2 weeks ago..first one I've ever done, and I think I'm an AR15 addict now.

ar1.jpg

ar5.jpg

ar3.jpg

ar4.jpg

ar2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom