Southern Indiana
    328BB9EA-FDDF-407D-B7E7-B438EF11F417_zpsoz3olkzz.jpg

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    image.jpg So I spent more time trying to get the photo to not be upside down. This is the rifle that I call my baby. It's my first build and I will probably never buy a complete AR ever again. Working on a pistol build for my wife now with blemished PSA receiver set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      88.4 KB · Views: 8

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I can only imagine the weight of the front end with all those accessories along with the suppresso, especially in target transitions.

I usually only use the suppressor on this rifle when bench shooting, mainly because the rifle becomes too long. As for the weight, with the accessories it weighs the same as my DD MK18 10.3" SBR and less any of my other ARs that have a quad rail. The "weight" is right where I rest my hand so I dont even notice it. As for target acquisition, Last NV class that I attended, I was second fastest (or forth slowest if you are a pessimist ) in the timed skills portion which included multiple vtac barriers against people who were all using SBRs.

How else would you shoot with NV without what is on there? I have the bare minimum for a helmet mounted setup.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    JollyMon, How do you like that KMR? Im building a new upper right now and I'm getting the 13 inch. It just seems to be the best option on the market as far as keymod goes.

I have a 9", a 10", and a 13" KMR, and I recently bought a 9" KMR Alpha. I think the Alpha is a great value and I can't tell it's any heavier either out of the box or, especially, on an AR. I don't have any pics of the Alpha... FYI an SDN-6 suppressor on a 10.5" barrel will not work with a 10" KMR as KMR's are .25" longer than advertised.

Top to bottom: 13" KMR over a 14.5" barrel, 10" KMR over a 12.5" barrel, 9" KMR over a 10.5" barrel.

Last edited:

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I have a 9", a 10", and a 13" KMR, and I recently bought a 9" KMR Alpha. I think the Alpha is a great value and I can't tell it's any heavier either out of the box or, especially, on an AR. I don't have any pics of the Alpha... FYI an SDN-6 suppressor on a 10.5" barrel will not work with a 10" KMR as KMR's are .25" longer than advertised.

Top to bottom: 13" KMR over a 14.5" barrel, 10" KMR over a 12.5" barrel, 9" KMR over a 10.5" barrel.

The alpha is what Im getting. Im pretty excited about it. Ordered a BCM 14.5 barrel this morning and a BCM comp mod 1. Going to have USDS pin and weld it for me.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    Top to bottom.
    S&W M&P 15-22. I had the barrel threaded for the can.
    My first 556 assembly. Anderson lower, PSA parts kit with Magpul furniture, BCG with no brand markings, PSA upper that I put a BCM KMR hand guard, charging handle, and comp on, and Redfield 3x9 scope with Areo Precision mount.
    300 Blackout pistol assembly. BCM complete lower, BCM upper, Rainer Arms ultra match barrel, Anderson BCG, Shockwave brace, Primary Arms Advanced miro dot on a Daniel Defense mount.

IMG_3081_zpsybwxu79l.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here are a couple of factory rifles with different mod parts that I put together. The first one is an SPR. The SPR started out as a factory build with a 16" M4 carbine length profile barrel and I decided to turn it into an SPR. I went with a Faxon QPQ nitride 18" Gov't/SOCOM profile, rifle length, 1/8 twist, 4150 CMV, button rifled, air gauge tested, MPI barrel with an 11 deg. target crown. I finished it off with a Strike industries J-Comp and an ALG 13" EMR rail. I also switched to an A2 buttstock/Rifle buffer assembly.

The second one is a CQB type. I swapped the barrel out on this one as well with a Voodoo Inovations 14.5" Mid-length, Gov't profile melonited, 1/7 twist,4150 CMV barrel that has their minimal style Flash Hider pinned and welded. The nice thing about this setup is that the FH OD is the same size as the barrel OD which allows the barrel nut and gas block to slide over the FH. I also installed a Hiperfire EDT (Enhanced Duty Trigger) with a 4.5# trigger spring.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom