• ...and so much more!
  • lawsonm9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2015
    North Dakota
    Hi All,
    I just bought a new Colt LE6920MP-B (M4 carbine 16") for a great deal but it contained a low profile gas block without a front sight - see pic. AR low gas block question.png

I'm debating whether to swap out for a normal front iron A2 gas block sight or just add a front flip up sight on the quad rail. I will add a rear flip up sight regardless. Any input would be MUCH appreciated.

Will I loose accuracy if I just add a rear and front flip up sight to the quad rail? Reason I ask is that I realized that the distance between the rear flip up sight to the front flip up sight will be shorter than if I were just to add the A2 standard gas block sight.
    AR low gas block question.png AR LWRC Skirmish Sights.png
    I may add a red dot down the road but for now will only use iron sights to shoot.

Side note - I already bought a pair of LWRC Skirmish front and rear flip up sights (see pic AR LWRC Skirmish Sights.png ) but wont use the front flip up sight if people think I will be much more accurate with the standard A2 gas block sight.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    That is definitely NOT a Colt LE6920MP-B. A Colt of that nature has MagPul furniture. From what I can see, that rifle is wearing a Daniel Defense stock and grip. Someone also installed a cheap-o free float rail and shaved down the FSB.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Someone also installed a cheap-o free float rail and shaved down the FSB.

Which is actually helpful if you want to put and a2 front sight back on since it's already drilled for the taper pin. Personally, I'd leave the block as is and put a decent ff rail on it. Then flip-ups of your choosing.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Which is actually helpful if you want to put and a2 front sight back on since it's already drilled for the taper pin. Personally, I'd leave the block as is and put a decent ff rail on it. Then flip-ups of your choosing.

This is true. I have a A2 f marked front sight or two I think. They are sitting in a box somewhere and I'll give you one if you want it and I can find them.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

I'm just wondering what other parts were taken off and/or swapped. That was the point I was alluding to.

lawsonm9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2015
    North Dakota
    Thanks very much guys!

I should have been more clear actually - its a Colt LE6920-OEM2 with DD furniture and a NcStar Quad Rail - but this isn't the reason I started this thread :).

I'd like to know if adding an A2 front sight will work better than adding the two flip up sights I've already purchased. I'm worried about losing accuracy if I just add the flip up sights since the sights will be closer to each other than would be if I had the A2 front sight and the flip up rear sight.

Any advice/opinions on this would be appreciated.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I like A2 sights in most cases unless I'm putting on a scope. I like the rigidity. A2 works great on my DDef with Aimpoint Pro.

But, AR's are like Harleys: you can dress em up, but a ratter works as good as a full dresser.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You're talking about an inch difference in sight radius... Id be more concerned with the stability of the ncstar than losing an inch of sight radius. If you insist on keeping that rail, go back to the a2 site. Like I said earlier, I think you're better off putting a decent quality longer rail on it and then give yourself as much sight radius as you like.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You're talking about an inch difference in sight radius... Id be more concerned with the stability of the ncstar than losing an inch of sight radius. If you insist on keeping that rail, go back to the a2 site. Like I said earlier, I think you're better off putting a decent quality longer rail on it and then give yourself as much sight radius as you like.

:+1:

lawsonm9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2015
    North Dakota
    Chezuki - this is brilliant lol I had not thought of this! I think this is the way to go absolutely!

Any suggestions on longer FF Quad Rails that should work well with front and rear flip ups? Like you said - something with stability and reliability?

I plan to add a light and possibly a vertical hand grip down the road if this changes suggestions.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    There are a ton of options out there for free float rails. Depends on what you want. The trend currently is to get away from bulky quad rails. Most use keymod or m lok systems to directly attach accessories to the rail. Check out bravo company KMR, Midwest industries, and geissele if this interests you. I'm sure others will mention other rails.

If you must have a quad rail, Daniel defense makes a good one that isn't a boat anchor. As with keymod/m lok rails, there are tons of options. Just have to do a little research to find what you want.

Top Bottom