• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I was flipping through my shotgun news august 20 2011 edition seen the add from su-press-on for the auto sear . I have seen this ad for 2 decades and wondered ????? Just a question, legit set-up scam or something sinister...... something I always wondered just tought I would ask.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    No different than undercover vice cops masquerading as hookers. They are only offering goods or services. They are not forcing anyone to buy them.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    No different than undercover vice cops masquerading as hookers. They are only offering goods or services. They are not forcing anyone to buy them.

In both cases, it's still a bunch of crap. Just looking to trip someone up who has a limited knowledge of firearms laws. They should go after REAL criminals. I think criminal intent should be part of most statutes. There's so many frickin' laws, regulations, rules, etc... who's supposed to keep them all straight.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Someone should run an ad right next to that one and let everyone know it's a possible ATF sting. Freedom of speech does not have to be spoken, it can be written as well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why not someone contact them and then ask how long their transfer the sear to your local NFA dealer... See what they say?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    From what I have been told from people who know way more then me, an unregistered DIAS if made before ATF's ruling that made them illegal is totally legal to own if you do not own any other parts which allow it to be used.

It is in the same category as the open bolt semi-auto guns that are legally sold. They are all grandfathered in if made before the ATF decision back in the early 1980's.

The guy that is well known as claiming to have been the inventor of the DIAS is at the Lousiville show every show selling ones he "claims" were made before the ruling.

Personally I would never own an unregistered one because I wouldn't want the legal battle of trying to prove when it was made.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    From what I have been told from people who know way more then me, an unregistered DIAS if made before ATF's ruling that made them illegal is totally legal to own if you do not own any other parts which allow it to be used.

It is in the same category as the open bolt semi-auto guns that are legally sold. They are all grandfathered in if made before the ATF decision back in the early 1980's.

Yes, pre-Nov. '81 are legal to own without registration. I should add "not in the 7th Circuit" which is the Circuit that we are in. According to the 7th Circuit ruling in US v Cash, the ATF cannot say that something is ruled a machinegun but, if manufactured before this date, it's OK to own it unregistered. Again, according to Judge Easterbrook, machineguns have to be registered, if it's a machinegun, it has to be registered regardless of when it was made. Go figure.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

The guy that is well known as claiming to have been the inventor of the DIAS is at the Lousiville show every show selling ones he "claims" were made before the ruling.

Personally I would never own an unregistered one because I wouldn't want the legal battle of trying to prove when it was made.

So, if I'm reading this right, it's legal to own the sear as long as you don't own an AR15?

Top Bottom