• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I have seen a few Oly's with mis-aligned pin holes/trigger hole and some DPMS with the poor workmanship in the magwell.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    i was just told by a friend that H&K does lowers for the military so gonna check them out might do that, if its good for our military it should be the best

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    i was just told by a friend that H&K does lowers for the military so gonna check them out might do that, if its good for our military it should be the best

They H&K 416 is the military version, and it's a full auto gun. You're not likely to find those lowers just floating around. You would be looking for a H&K MR556A1 lower, which is the civilian version of that rifle. The full rifles themselves are kinda hard to find, and the only one I've ever seen was wearing a $2800 price tag. The lowers themselves are out there, but you can expect to pay $$$ for it. There are plenty of other cheaper high dollar options out there that it's just not worth it. Examples..Seekins, Noveske, KAC, Mega, etc. Hell, I have a Noveske GEN 2 lower that's one of their chainsaw (blemished) versions, and it's nicer then some brands non-blemished versions.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    So what is the differance between seekings, and a less expensive lower like spikes or psa?

Dont quote me, but I've been told that the fitment of Seekins parts are among the best. The lowers and uppers are supposed to have a very tight and seamless look. Im doing a Seekins upper on my Seekins lower for my first build just to see how much truth there is to the words.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    PSA has Anderson lowers for $49.99. Never heard of Anderson. Not sure if I dig the trigger guard, but for 49.99, it might be worth socking a few away for the next time things get crazy.

Some thread drift here... Hell for that price I'd buy 4 or 5 of them and just put them in the safe for a rainy day, or winter or whatever!
    Other than that, I've built a bunch of AR's on 4 Oly's and a Bushmaster, and a Colt, and a DPMS (That's the DPMS .308 rifle), and an ASA and one other I can't remember and the only problem I had was with the Colt. It was the first one I built and I didn't realize there was a difference in pin size. That's the ONLY AR I've ever sold and I was glad to be rid of it. Flame away Colt lovers, but that pin was a pain.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    If your willing to spend money on seeking might as well just buy a Mega set and be done with it. You won't find a better matched lower and upper.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    DOA recently had a deal on three Spikes lowers for around $250. A Seekins is around that price. Personally, I think the Seekins lowers are not attractive, but that's just me.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Wow i didnt know building a AR was so compicated just on getting a lower, everybody has companys that are good or suck lol, i talked to andrew at profire and he said spikes is good also, but they are stamped not forged, ugh i want a strong good quality rifle for what i plan on paying so i guess i will just save the $$$ for seekings, anybody in the noblesville area build a AR i could use some advice thanks

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    It sounds likeyou have money to blow, so buy the Seekins...they are pretty cool looking.

But, if you're just wanting a rifle that will go bang every time, looks sick, and hits what you are aiming, I highly recommend Spike's Tactical. They have amazing customer service if you have an issue wtih anyhing and have a lifetime warranty. Palmetto State Armory is another one I'd recommend, though their CS isn't top notch, takes awhile to get things done. But, their parts are cheap and they work.

I have built an all Spike's AR and will continue building them from Spike's part where I can.

With PSA doing black friday deals, you could build a rifle for around $600.

Top Bottom