• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I have the DPMS oracle (.223/5.56). I am about to order a 15" free float quad rail for it but before I did I had a question. Will the gas block be in my way or will I end up having to order a new one of those as well? It sits fairly low compared to the 2 piece rail I have on it now. but I do not have it in front of me to really look at it since I am at work.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    it is a trinity force quad rail off Amazon the gas block is the factory one for this model. I am trying to upload a photo but it is not working for me very well

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Most of the time on optics ready carbines you have to grind the gas block down in order to get the rail over it.

Round the top edges and sides by the tube, then grind off the sling mount underneath. Touch up with high temp krylon

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    Most of the time on optics ready carbines you have to grind the gas block down in order to get the rail over it.

Round the top edges and sides by the tube, then grind off the sling mount underneath. Touch up with high temp krylon

do you just grind down the rail portion of the gas block?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If your current gas block has a top picatinny rail then it's going to be too big to fit under just about any tube besides maybe a spikes BAR. You need a low profile block.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    There are four sizes I know of - Carbine, Midlength, Rifle Length and Extended Rifle Length. I think a 15" quad puts it into the "extended" range which means even if you have a rifle length barrel and gas system, you'll need the gas block to fit under the quad rail. Therefore, you'll need to purchase a low profile gas block. They're easy to take off and/or replace so it should be no problem. Low profile gas blocks are usually in the $45 range.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    order a low-profile gas block. $20-$30, unless you want something adjustable or fancy.
    Youtube has good info about this as well.
    (It's worth looking to see if you current barrel has dimples on the bottom, opposite of the gas port (hole). With dimples you can use a set-screw gas block, without dimples, some people prefer clamp on type. Set screws will even work in a barrel without dimples, but won't be as secure.
    Or if the gas block is pinned (I don't the the Oracle is), there are other options there as well.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The cheapest one IN STOCK at Midway is a doublestar for $34.

315583.jpg

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hell, forgot Oracles had a railed gas block. Don't attempt to grind that thing. WAY too much material.

Buy a low pro Troy or Yankee Hill for $25-$30 and save yourself the trouble.

look at Odin Works parts as well, high quality and priced very fairly.

Top Bottom