• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixspeed042

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    granger, IN
    I have a rock river AR in .223. I really like the gun compared to many oher AR's I've shot. anyway, i'm looking for a new suppressor for this new gun. I have a cheap YHM suppressor on my dpms AR, but it's starting to get sloppy and crappy. I am looking for spend somewhere in the 4-500 dollar range. I'm looking at the new YHM YHM Phantom .223 Thread Mounted Sound Suppressor

or even maybe one of these:
    Tactical Innovations Tac-16 .223 Suppressor

any thoughts? I've heard good about the TAC-16, but that was from one person.... anybody recommend anything or one of these for that price. thanks:rockwoot:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can't say enough good things about Tim Humston at Suppressed Armament Systems. I have a .308 & a .223 can of his and a 9mm and 22lr on the way. Tim's a great guy who builds a great can for a very fair price, and he's a Hoosier!

Suppressed Armament Systems, LLC

FWIW I've shot my SAS .223 suppressor up against a Gemtech G5 and mine was noticeably quieter. Both rifles had 10" barrels and we were both shooting the same ammunition.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a rock river AR in .223. I really like the gun compared to many oher AR's I've shot. anyway, i'm looking for a new suppressor for this new gun. I have a cheap YHM suppressor on my dpms AR, but it's starting to get sloppy and crappy. I am looking for spend somewhere in the 4-500 dollar range. I'm looking at the new YHM YHM Phantom .223 Thread Mounted Sound Suppressor

or even maybe one of these:
    Tactical Innovations Tac-16 .223 Suppressor

any thoughts? I've heard good about the TAC-16, but that was from one person.... anybody recommend anything or one of these for that price. thanks:rockwoot:
    More info on the part in red please. They are NOT known for that.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    sounds like its time to clean your can. Is it on a FA? if not you must have been shooting the **** out of it. I cleaned mine all the time didn't have to but it helped on the blowback.

sixspeed042

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    granger, IN
    i have to admit, i didn't really do to well at taking care of it. it's been on about 5 different rifles and probably multiple thousands of rounds. it was rarely cleaned. i pretty much ruined it....so no, it's not really a manufacture flaw. I'm just looking for a new one

Longshot308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Westfield, In
    Have tested and built dozens of suppressors over the years. Suppressed Armament Systems (SAS) is here in Indiana and dB for dollar, it is the best and the only one I recommend.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    GEMTEC goes over birdcage... very nice no threads needed and can use on other ars also

Agree. Gemtec G5 has been awsome. They are built like a tank. I have put thousands of rounds of dirty crappy ammo in semi and FA on multiple guns. Still runs like a champ. Once the flash hider is on the G5 goes on and off with a push and twist.

Gemtech will also completely rebuild the inside of your can, not clean, completely new baffles. I do not remember the exact cost but it wasn't much. Finally they provide excellent customer service directy to their customers which is a big deal to me.

None of this means there are not other great cans on the market. This has just been my personal experiance with Gemtech and the G5.

Top Bottom