• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Good posts seedubs and everyone else! I'm sure you saved someone lots of time and research. I wish I was smarter about some purchases earlier on. Oh well I guess!
    I purchased an 18" Rainier match with a rifle length gas system. I haven't shot it yet (need money for parts), but its beautiful.
    I would probably opt for a mid length for a 16" myself.
    I think the mega barrels seem like a hell of a deal too!

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    All of the suggestions are great and you can't go wrong. I built a rifle two years ago and I went with a 1x8 wylde 16in mid length Black Hole Weaponry barrel. 259.00 plus you can have fluting and finish and color choices. (for extra cost) They also do a polygonal rifling and I really like it. I ve got some 200 to 300 yard kills with minute of wood chuck. You can choose the other two twists if you want the others. It really boils down to your personnel preference and pocket book. At the time I bought mine they were offering free upper receivers with a barrel purchase. Have fun researching I think that is half the fun in building a rifle.. I spent 2 years saving and putting together what I wanted..
    Good Luck

Last edited:
    Top Bottom