• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    On my Ar pistol. The bolt catch will not grab the bolt when mag is empty. I have tried multiple mags, also noticed that the problem is that the bolt does not even go far enough back to allow the bolt catch to grab it. Pics included, do I need a new BCG or Buffer setup? 20210227_121735.jpg received_714655069413951.jpeg

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Thanks for the pics. I'm struggling to see anything out of place on the surface. Someone more knowledgeable than I will surely pop in soon and be able to help...

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Can you show pictures of the bolt itself and inside both upper and lower?
    View attachment 128136 View attachment 128137 View attachment 128138 View attachment 128139 View attachment 128140 View attachment 128142
    Thanks for the pics. I'm struggling to see anything out of place on the surface. Someone more knowledgeable than I will surely pop in soon and be able to help...
    Same here buddy I've been around these rifles for years and have built several of them. This one has me stumped for sure. Literally I put this upper on any of my other lower and have zero issues. But this lower does not get along with this upper. I'm trying to figure out why and how the bolt will not go far enough back to lock up in thr bolt catch. Weird for sure.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have you pulled out the buffer and spring? I would take measurements of both of those and compare to another

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Yessir I have there is a difference. How ever when I swap them it still doesn't change anything. I took the buffer out of the lower it works on and put it in this lower and still have the same issue. 20210227_225610.jpg

Whisk604

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Rensselaer
    Is there a length difference of your buffer tubes? You mentioned SB sold a spring for your setup. Could it be that the SB tube is shorter for some reason?

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I'm guessing wrong spring or buffer. How long is buffer? How long is your spring?
    This right here.

Remove the buffer spring and put the buffer in and see if that allows the bolt to travel far enough back. Coil bind is a real thing.
    Naturally don't shoot it that way.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    This right here.

Remove the buffer spring and put the buffer in and see if that allows the bolt to travel far enough back. Coil bind is a real thing.
    Naturally don't shoot it that way.
    Well took the spring off and the buffer is too long will not allow it lock up. I ordered sb tacticals buffer and spring hopefully that fixes it.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    So since I have ordered a other one. I decided to mess with this one. I shaved 1/4 inch off the back and now I have zero issues with the lock up. My question is action and functionality what would happen if I ran it like this? View attachment 128263

Top Bottom