• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I am putting together a couple Del-ton AR rifle kits. I selected the Ambi-ERGO grip as a option. The holes in the ERGO grips for the saftey detent spring is about .055 shallow compared to my mil-spec grips. This is putting to much spring presure on the detent and locking up the saftey. Has any one else seen this before? I can drill the hole in the grip deeper to correct the problem.

HRMF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Greenwood
    I use the ergo grip on my rifle and others I've built and never noticed the problem. Is that the first grip you've seen that way? It might be molded incorrectly.

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Yes it is the first one I have seen but I have not put together as many rifles as some. I have used Houge Grips before with no problem. I redrilled
    the hole to the same depth as my standard grips and it works fine. Just poor quality control is my guess.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I had an ERGO grip fail allowing the safety detent spring to sink into the grip and cause the detent to not engage the safety. I contacted ERGO and they replaced the grip for free and sent a mailing label so they could examine the defective grip.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I have had the same problem. Tried the grip on 2 rifles wouldn't work on either. I sent it bact to ergo and they got me out a new one that worked just fine.

Top Bottom