• Which should be my next gun?

• Total voters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Gimme' an AK.

In the 70's we used to play a game where we'd see how fast we could disable an M16 with one or two grains of sand... Admittedly, I have never done this with any current manufacture.

We also used to fire .308 rounds into AK receivers and see how many of them would still function. This originally started as an effort to destroy them before throwing them away. It didn't always work. Many of them would still function. If it wasn't "destruction of government property", I would say that (hypothetically), "not one M16 would work after the same treatment.".

"Way back then" the AK handled mud a lot better, too.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Well I am looking for an all around great gun for home defense. I would like something that I can customize but am not sure i want to drop several grand into an AR. I know i can get a basic WASR-10 double stack locally for $380 but the lowest AR I have found is close to $700 for an Olympic Arms. Is the AR really worth that much more?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Well I am looking for an all around great gun for home defense. I would like something that I can customize but am not sure i want to drop several grand into an AR. I know i can get a basic WASR-10 double stack locally for $380 but the lowest AR I have found is close to $700 for an Olympic Arms. Is the AR really worth that much more?

I think the better question is are you sure you wanna waste $380 on a wasr-10 that might suck?

for home defense, I wouldnt go with an AK. you will kill your neighbors. even an AR isnt my first choice if I hear a bump in the night, but with the proper ammo, i will take it over an AK.

you dont need to sink a couple grand to have a great AR. spend around $800 and you can have a reliable no nonsense AR. buy optics later. get a flattop with flip up sights or get one with the carry handle. or a flattop with a detachable carry handle.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have both, I love both. At this moment I am loving the AK more. Such a different feel shooting both, I like it. :D I'd skip the WASR's also unless that's all you can afford.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Like my AR's, even have one in762x39. But if I bought another
    rifle, it would be an AK :ar15:

:patriot: GOD BLESS OR TROOPS.....USAMA BIN LADEN is DEAD

Top Bottom