• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I'm looking to build a SBR AR 9mm (Glock mag compatible) and want to hear suggestions on whose lower I should purchase. Angstadt, QuarterCirlce 10, New Frontier, and Lone Wolf are the ones I am currently considering.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    CMMG also has a 9mm lower IF you think you may want Colt-pattern mags.

I had one for a very very short time until I abandoned the project.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I went with Joe Bobs Spartan (New Frontier). Tried to stay cheap so I didn't go QC10 or Lonewolf. But after waiting 4 months and still waiting on the upper to be in stock, I wish I would've gone QC10. Would've cost an extra $100-200 but at least I would be done by now. Runner runner guns also has their "Thor" lower which is also a new frontier.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have built two SMG AR's off of QC10 lowers (one AR-9 and one AR-45). I really think their fit and finish is the best I have seen. If you pay close attention, they also offer quite a few sales throughout the year.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I went with a New Frontier Armory Glock Mag lower. I like the lower a lot, I went with this one due to the fact when I was in the build process they had a coupon code for them and get 10% off so I got a crazy good price on it. Only thing to keep in mind with the NFA lower is they don't incorporate the Last Round Bolt Hold Open into the lower. Their design puts that feature into their upper receiver they sell. Not a huge deal just be aware of it if you decide to go0 with the NFA lower. For the upper parts I went with MASdeffense for the barrel upper receiver and hand guard. I went with a YHM dedicated 9mm buffer however. MASdeffense has some Great quality items for very reasonable money. I've got a ton of rounds through mine and hasn't missed a beat.

9mm_SBR.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    something to consider on an SBR is if you go w/ a mag well block vs a dedicated lower, you can change caliber later should you tire of the 9mm and not have to re-register something else...

-rvb

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    something to consider on an SBR is if you go w/ a mag well block vs a dedicated lower, you can change caliber later should you tire of the 9mm and not have to re-register something else...

-rvb

This is why I sold my CMMG 9mm lower and went with a traditional lower.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville

-rvb

I already have a registered 223 lower so this isn't a concern for me plus I don't care for the look of a mag well block. Thank you for your input

Top Bottom