• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have a 36" Condor and I'm very happy with it.

Condor_36_inch_Double_Rifle_Case1.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody local carry any of these that have been mentioned locally? The Condor and the Voodoo look pretty good.

I'm leaning toward ordering the MidwayUSA mentioned (already had it on my wish list), but my concern is with the 35" fitting my AR (even with the stock collapsed or if I change the stock) as from the reviews looks like it runs short on the inside. I can get the 43", but don't want the extra space if not needed.

The shops I've been in recently just don't seem to have anything I would consider that's of good quality in stock.

I'm near the westside of Indy, in Hendricks County.

I don't have an issue ordering from the internet, but would like to see some in person, and if they are comparable in price to various websites, I'll pick it up local.

Hap Hazard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Check the Galati Gear website for their double cases. They are only a little bit more than the others but are the toughest soft case I've ever seen and the best(and I've used just about all of them over the last 30 years!).

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Anybody local carry any of these that have been mentioned locally? The Condor and the Voodoo look pretty good.

I'm leaning toward ordering the MidwayUSA mentioned (already had it on my wish list), but my concern is with the 35" fitting my AR (even with the stock collapsed or if I change the stock) as from the reviews looks like it runs short on the inside. I can get the 43", but don't want the extra space if not needed.

The shops I've been in recently just don't seem to have anything I would consider that's of good quality in stock.

I'm near the westside of Indy, in Hendricks County.

I don't have an issue ordering from the internet, but would like to see some in person, and if they are comparable in price to various websites, I'll pick it up local.

I am 99% sure I have the 43" for my wasr 10 ak47... I can check this weekend. (it is in fort wayne at my parents, because if someone breaks into my college house, id rather them take one gun instead of 5.)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am 99% sure I have the 43" for my wasr 10 ak47... I can check this weekend. (it is in fort wayne at my parents, because if someone breaks into my college house, id rather them take one gun instead of 5.)

I just sent an email to MidwayUSA to ask. Were you by chance able to check it?

Anyone else have one of the MidwayUSA cases? I'm concerned the 35" will be too snug and the 43" will have too much slop for an S&W M&P (I have the Sport).

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    43... There are straps inside that hold it secure. And two flaps that stabilize the butt stock and muzzle. Im not sure how long your AR is... but I wouldnt buy a 35 for my rifle.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well after some looking around, I was all set to get the MidwayUSA case. My brother in FL has a couple of them and says they are pretty good and that his Daniel Defense AR, which measures about 1/4" more than my AR when collapsed, fit in the 35". The price was right, but the approx $13 shipping was killing it for me even with the sale price.

So, I spent a bit more, but shipping was free and ordered this:

Boyt TAC536 36" Green Rectangular Tactical Free Shipping! 11151

Now the picture on PA is horrible, but I was able to handle one at Gander Mountain and it seemed pretty nice (it was $129 in store at Gander, but $84 on PA). I was also able to check out the fit of an S&W M&P in the case at Gander, and was all good.

Here's some better pics/info ( I sent an email to PA to confirm its the same model, etc)

TAC541%20Green%20CCX_XLarge.jpg

opplanet-boyt-harness-rectangular-tactical-gun-case.jpg

http://www.boytharness.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=TACRGC&CatId={687BF785-A4D8-4B58-8036-BBD97BE5EF95}

Gander Mountain® > Boyt Tactical 36 Rectangular Rifle and Carbine Weapons Case - Firearms > Gun Storage & Safes > Soft Cases :

Gander only had the black cases in stock at the store. I was interested in seeing the tan, as I was interested to see if it was really as light as it looks in the pics. I went with the green in the end, to stay with a darker color but something different than the standard black.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom