• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    My son likes the 2 stage trigger I put in his personal Ar so much that after he takes command of his own company with the 25th ID , he wants a 2 stage for his combat weapon . Is it the same trigger or is the 3 round burst - full auto a different trigger ?

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I was in the Army in the min 70's to mid 80's and was an Arms Room Office in the 1st ID for about 2 years ( 81 to 82 )and was in the 82d for a little under 4 years ( 76 to 79 ). At Ft Bragg Division has inspectors from the Division staff ( Demett ) and XVIII ABN Corps ( Comett ) as well who looked at everything, Arms Room, CBR, Commo, supply, ect. At Ft Riley it was the IG who inspected us on a random basis. They all looked at the trigger group and depending on what kind of trigger you plan to use if it doesn't look GI or fits differently from a stock M-4 trigger Ding....Ding....Ding your son maybe taking a trip to someone higher on the food chain and being asked some questions. Trust me that kind of trip isn't fun, as an " Acting Jack " E-5 I was invited by the Division Sargent Major to discuss a training issue....he had a lovely carpet I know because I was on it.
    Tread Carefully,
    Jump62
    aka Paul

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    What Jump62 and I were referring to was that the Army used to take a very dim view of soldiers modifying "their" weapons. This may have been relaxed a little for some units, but the Army's not called a uniform service just because of the uniforms... commonality is a BIG deal. Since your son is presumably an O-3, he has some leeway, but he's also more subject to the political BS that come with being an officer. If I were him, I'd want a signed letter from MG Charles A. Flynn before I modified my issued weapon (25TH INFANTRY DIVISION).

As an aside, I'm pretty sure that "class III rules apply" is referring to the 3rd hole in "his" receiver, not the actual trigger. If I were him, I'd be more worried about a chicken :poop: battalion commander than the BATFE...
    :twocents:

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I told him about it , and he's not going to try . too much price tag. He has a few friends in high places ,but not so high they would stick their neck out too far I'm sure.

Top Bottom