• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    If in the near future we do lose our rights as in the last ban, would there be any reason firearm companies couldnt still manufacture and sell uppers as an accessory?

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    They should still be able to sell anything but the lower receiver if anything happens.

But I'm really doubting an awb. More likely is a high cap mag ban.

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I would like someone to explain to me why someone can't do the same damage with three 10 rd magazines vs 1 30 rd magazine? They weigh the same, and can be carried just as easily in a vest or jacket. How does a ban on high capacity magazines really help??

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I would like someone to explain to me why someone can't do the same damage with three 10 rd magazines vs 1 30 rd magazine? They weigh the same, and can be carried just as easily in a vest or jacket. How does a ban on high capacity magazines really help??

I believe they are high-capacity clips...

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I really dont understand why they call them high capacity magazines anyways. The 30 round mag is the original for the AR/m4. A high capacity mag for an AR would be a 60 round surefire or a 100 round drum. A 30 round magazine for a pistol would be high capacity. Stupid people then our defense would be whats the difference we can reload just as fast blah blah blah then we will have to equip the stupid bullet button.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I cant decipher all the political bs in the bill introduced s150? And there is another one 437. Will uppers and parts kits still be able to be manufactured and sold? Im guessing so but just want others "lawyers" opinions on deciphering the bs?

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I have no problem with doing away with no standard magazines, most, not all, but most hi cap mags don't run very reliable anyway. That being said, i don't think there should be any restrictions at all, ever. for any reason.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Actually Eugene Stoner designed the AR-15 originally for 20s, but once the troops got sight of the 30s on the AKs they whined until they got them too. That said, the 30 has been the base capacity since the early 60s. Yeah, there are bigger ones, but I'd want to test one very thoroughly before actually using it.

The problem is disparate force. If you're in the initiative, you can set yourself up ahead of time with a vest or whatever, carry 20 or 30 california mags. The swapout won't significantly effect your rate of fire. However, for defense, you'd have to carry an annoying number of them at all times, and who wants to do that? The capacity limit is not well thought out, presuming the people pushing it don't mean us harm.

Top Bottom