• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm considering buying one of the Iraqi ARs as either a trunk gun or a rifle for the girlfriend or give her my current AR and take that one. But anyway, what's needed to mount a vertical front grip to it? I've never owned the standard handguard, always Magpul or a quad rail. Any recommendations for mounting a front grip? Any recommendations for a front grip?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You could just take off the handguard and replace it with whatever you want. But you can still attach rails to the standard handguard.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I'm struggling to find a link for an example - however, at one time, I found a rail section mount that mounted to the standard handguards.

It was thicker on one end than the other so that when mount on the handguard, it provided a flat mounting surface. To attach it, simply pop the handguard off and attach with a couple of screws through the holes in the bottom of the handguard.

It worked fine for attaching a front grip. However, if looking to do more more, I would definitely consider something else.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The easiest solution would be to install a cheap drop-in quad rail or Magpul handguard. The best solution would be to install a free float quad rail or modular tube with adjustable rail sections. I don't recommend attaching a rail section to a standard plastic handguard even though it certainly can be done. I've tried it in a pinch and did not like it at all.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    As for a front grip, I really like the Magpul VFG and the Gen2 AFG. For a short carbine length handguard I prefer the VFG (short stubby vertical foregrip). For longer mid-length or rifle length handguards I prefer the AFG (angled foregrip).

Top Bottom