• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mayhem7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Plainfield
    Not sure if im in the right area for this but...I have a stag model 2, runs like a raped ape until the last 2 times I've shot it at an appleseed,it fails to fire every couple of rounds, light primer strikes is what it looks like, I've taken it apart and cleaned it a few times then went to the range and it did it again, thought it might be the ammo so I switched and it did it again just not as much, mainly federal ammo, not so much remington umc or pmc....any suggestions? :dunno:

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    Have you disassembled the fire control group prior to this issue? Sounds a lot like the hammer spring may be installed backwards...happened to me before with the exact same results, and I see the same symptom/cause on here once a month or so.

Mayhem7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Plainfield
    Never disassembled the fire control group, last time I checked the firing pin looked fine, ill double check tomorrow when I get home, someone from the appleseed said they had a bad batch of ammo with hard primers but I switched with another guy and the ammo went flawless through his, kinda made me dislike my stagg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When you could still get them, we sold a lot of Stag rifles. We never saw a problem with any of them. Look over the basics: Is the bolt free moving in the bolt carrier?. Is the firing pin clean and the inside of the bolt clean and dry? Too much lube on the firing pin will build up carbon dust to a gooey mess. I am certain you rifle does not have some inherent defect. Like you said, It ran good when you got it.

Lots of guys are good at maintaining AR's. I am sure someone can help you. Be confident that every part that Stag ships them with will properly function through more ammo than a person could actually afford.

The AR platform was designed to work with minimal issues in combat environments. They are not too hard to keep them running with as issued parts.

Top Bottom