• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryand111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lake County, IN
    Hey guys, I got my first ar 15 and i havent hot it yet, because i dont have my sights on it, so i want to work on making it a better gun. I have a DPMS ar15 and I dont like the stock of the gun. It's too lose and is just cheep. I'm looking for everyone's suggestions on what stock you guys would recommend.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey guys, I got my first ar 15 and i havent hot it yet, because i dont have my sights on it, so i want to work on making it a better gun. I have a DPMS ar15 and I dont like the stock of the gun. It's too lose and is just cheep. I'm looking for everyone's suggestions on what stock you guys would recommend.

Magpul UBR buttstock is solid, well made and adjustable.

For handgrips swap out the mil-spec grip for a CCA adjustable, Hogue overmold, or one of the MagPul offerings.

As for the forearm, swap that out for a Hogue free float tube, they are padded for a good grip, free float for accuracy.

Buttstock = UBR
    Pistol Grip = Hogue
    P1080218.jpg

Forearm = Hogue
    P1080219.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Generally stay away from the MagPul MOE parts, that is there bottom end stuff, its better than mil-spec but its far from the best stuff. Ergo grips, Hogue Grips, Ace stocks, CCA, etc all are much better choices than the MOE parts. MagPul's other products are awesome, the ACS, UBR and DMR are far better choices than the MOE.

melensdad, do u think i should return my troy hand rail??? i put it on my ar already???

Troy rails are top quality rails. If you want a rail fore end then you picked one of the very best.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Magpul makes good AR accessories & they're carried at a lot of gunshops.
    I picked up a Magpul ACS for my DPMS AP4, big differance in how it shouldered.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    You could always get a CTR stock (which looks the best anyways) and it comes with a locking lever so when you adjust the stock there is no movement or wiggle whatsoever.

For sights the magpul seem to do the job well especially if on a budget and if your looking into purchasing an optic my suggestion would be to look into the aimpoint PRO.

IMG_0335_zps1e4e400f.jpg

Top Bottom