• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I just ordered my operator 2 chest rig last night with rounded plates and also side plates. Does anyone else own some of their products? If so how do you like it?

I went with AR500 because they sent me a coupon on my birthday for 20% off my complete order so I went ahead and just pieced a rig together since I wouldn't be using their chest holster or pistol mag pouches and I saved a lot.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    After the Ferguson incident(s), I ordered a kit from them. It got good remarks and recommendations and it fits well. It is not light, but hey, it's armor! I figured it is good insurance to have if the country keeps going down the path it's currently on.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I'm not to concerned about weight as long as it can stop most everything pointed at me lol. Thinking about mounting my Blackhawk serpa holster on it but I'm undecided.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have 8x10 plates and 11x14 plates. The vest with the big plates in it is pretty heavy but it's really only for "special occasions". I got the 8x10 plates for every day wear at work but they're heavy enough that they tear up my carrier. I am working to come up with an independent suspension method for them to take the pressure off the pocket in the carrier.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a carrier made by Point Blank that carries soft armor panels in addition to the plates...that's for the big plates. For the smaller plates, there is a pocket in my concealable duty armor for the plates. That carrier is very thin nylon like material which is why it doesn't stand up well to the plates wear and tear.

r20daccessories.jpg

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We have some 8x10, 10x12, and 11x14 plates in stock. Plates are 1/4" AR500 and range from $30-$42 each depending on size. Plates will require Line-X coating by the end user before use.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    but they're heavy enough that they tear up my carrier.
    Try some tubular pipe insulation around the edges. It blunts the edges and can also act like a buffer for the pocket should the plate sit too low by stacking it if you need to. Should cut down on the bite into the fabric when you set it down. Cheap to try, cheaper then nylon to replace. :twocents:
    077578024486lg.jpg

something like the black stuff in this picture above

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i have the operator 2 and and their plates and like them. I have played with ceramic plates but like the steel ones better since they are thinner and i can toss them around with out breaking them. Wish the carrier would adjust down to a smaller size i have mine rigged up to fit me but im 6'1"and around 130ish LBs. the straps on the carrier are pretty comfortable considering how much weight is hanging off of them. Did have to go around with a lighter and burn some threads but thats no big deal for how cheap it was.

VUPD have you considered putting adhesive backed velcro in the carrier pocket and on the plate? My buddy did that to his after he ruined his issued vest in a week. He has worn it every shift for 3 or 4 months now and it seems to be holding up pretty good.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I used the Velcro method on my plates in Iraq. Not because of the wear, but the size vest vs. the size plate I had made the rear plate shift around a lot more than I would have preferred... some super glue and salvaged Velcro fixed it real quick. I speculate that a lot of your wear comes from the plate shifting and rubbing more than the actual weight, and Velcro would be a really cheap solution worth trying.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    yea the lineX coating and shifting don't go well together its like a rasp on the nylon. I am thinking about adding some velcro to my PC i don't see any signs of wear but i am paranoid about a steel plate breaking anymore bones in my foot.

Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    I went with AR500 because they sent me a coupon on my birthday for 20% off my complete order so I went ahead and just pieced a rig together since I wouldn't be using their chest holster or pistol mag pouches and I saved a lot.

Do they always send the 20% off on birthdays and do you need to be a previous customer or just have an account registered?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    yep busting our feet up runs in the family:): i have broken 3 toes 3 times and had my right foot run over by a van and a commercial mower and then had a log fall on it. and because im an idiot i refused any treatment after the x-ray and didn't get a cast. The idea of a thin heavy piece of medal falling on my feet scares me. the more retention the better.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm thinking about sowing the areas closed with heavy string after I put the plates in then so they don't fall out. They should be in tomorrow. They said it may take up to 4 weeks but it's inky been a week and they have checked in at my local ups.

Top Bottom