• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I thought they had a life span of about 12 years on the element? Am I wrong?

the tritium has a half-life of 12 years. so it will be half as bright after 12 years, half as bright as that at 24 years, and so on.

but even if the tritium is gone, the optic will still work in lighted conditions. Plus, Trijicon can replace the tritium.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    ive tried them and still dont get it. they are a good scope no question about it but not 1000-1500 great

We will have to agree to disagree, because i think its worth every penny. My opinion is not based on shooting it on your farm though. My opinion is based off of 12 months w/ my life depending on it, and putting it through conditions that almost no other scope would make it through. Including bing launched off a vehicle going 30 MPH, yet it still held zero.

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    IF you have to ask if it's worth it or not, then chances are with your point of use it is not worth it. I don't mean to be blunt, but if you are killing paper or varmints, or even HD it's probably not worth it and money is probably an issue like it is with me. If i made 6 figures...i'd probably have EOtech, Leupold, Zeiss, Nightforce, and Trijicon optics on everything i own. But i don't. So i had to pick the one optic that makes the most of my money. If you work on a 2 way gun range, and you are clearing rooms and engaging out to 600 M, then you need one...but it will probably be issued to you anyhow.

IF you are anything like me...you probably wont be happy until you try it. So just find a good used one (OR splurge) and get yourself one. It will last a lifetime of abuse.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I was talking to a Marine friend of mine who was a heavy equipment operator and due to careless engineers who left there M4's unguarded leaning on a pile of rubble he dozed the pile in an uparmored D5 and trashed them all the ACOG's were still functional and were put on new rifes.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    We will have to agree to disagree, because i think its worth every penny. My opinion is not based on shooting it on your farm though. My opinion is based off of 12 months w/ my life depending on it, and putting it through conditions that almost no other scope would make it through. Including bing launched off a vehicle going 30 MPH, yet it still held zero.

i defintally see your point, in actual combat nothing is to durable. 99% of shooters in america will never be in a situation that there is any chance of that happening. that said it is nice to know it will be able to take the abuse if somthing does happen so i guess im kind of torn on it.

my main hitch in the acog is that even though it is probably the most durabable scope in the world you can get more versatle optics at 1/3rd to 1/2 the price. thats where my "i dont get it" comes from.

agree to disagree

Top Bottom