• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    hi i'm new to assault style weapons and i have heard that ar 15 mags will fit both ar 15's and ruger mini 14 rifles as well. is this statement true or false? can somebody please help me out? thank you.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    hi i'm new to assault style weapons and i have heard that ar 15 mags will fit both ar 15's and ruger mini 14 rifles as well. is this statement true or false? can somebody please help me out? thank you.

Ar-15 mags & MINI-14 mags are not the same, but I have some after market mags that will fit both

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Factory mags will not work in both rifles.

However, I have a plastic Ram-Line 30 rounder that was built to work in both rifles. Part Number MAC1530. I bought mine a long time ago.

I just tried it and it fits in both rifles. I don't think I have ever test fired it in both or either rifle though.

It is plastic and feels kind of fragile. I don't know if they still make it.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Factory mags will not work in both rifles.

However, I have a plastic Ram-Line 30 rounder that was built to work in both rifles. Part Number MAC1530. I bought mine a long time ago.

I just tried it and it fits in both rifles. I don't think I have ever test fired it in both or either rifle though.

It is plastic and feels kind of fragile. I don't know if they still make it.

The ones I had like that would swell if left loaded for awhile, and became sticky and had to be pulled out of an AR instead of falling free from the mag well. Definitely a last resort mag.:twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Unfortunately, no, they're not.

Someone would make a KILLING if they'd come up with some kind of a "jig" or a part to add to a Mini-14 to allow it to accept standard AR-15 style magazines.

A KILLING!

-J-

Top Bottom