• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad thing is some are good, some are not.

They work perfectly in my GSG-5 but not so perfectly in my Beretta 92FS. Personal feeling is they are pot luck as to how well they will work in your firearm.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Sad thing is some are good, some are not.

They work perfectly in my GSG-5 but not so perfectly in my Beretta 92FS. Personal feeling is they are pot luck as to how well they will work in your firearm.

Yup, Promags are hit and miss. Some of their models work well and some don't. Some years back I had several of their 20rd mags for 40 cal Ruger P series I used in a Ruger PC-4 carbine and couldn't have been more pleased. Not the first problem.
    Have also had some of their Sig 228 13rd 9mm mags. Not so good.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    I was gifted two ak Promags.....they could both be knocked from the mag well with a modest bump. They sucked.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    NO Sig PM suck. Loaded several mags to reduce tension on the new mags and they stuck part way down and never worked again.
    Their only mag that I know of that works ,is their poly one for AR 15 9mm. I have one and it works fine.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got two ProMags for my M&P that I've designated for beating-up on at the range and for dry practice only (dropping them on the hard ground for instance), so as to not beat up on my S&W mags holding my SD ammo. The ProMags function adequately for training purposes, though I wouldn't stake my life on them. The only issue I've observed with them in the hundreds of rounds put through is that they tend to lock the slide while there's still one round left in the mag.

In a strange way, I actually PREFER mags prone to malfuctioning for training purposes to give me unexpected malfunctions to practice clearing.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have 4 H&K mags and 4 pro mags. The pro mags aren't even good enough for range use. Constantly stovepipe rounds or just FTF and empty chambers. Spend more and have less mags but better quality.

Top Bottom