• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    At this point in time prices alone would not get me to abandon a LGS. I understand the concept of supply and demand. But is due to a large increase in business and new customers there came about an indifference and a sudden lack of caring that would be the straw. This run will not last. Make an effort if you are in this business to act like the customer matters.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I understand to some degree what some shops are dealing with but seen some disturbing things happening, as soon as I get what I need I will never coming back AWB or not after seen the true face of some of this people it will never be the same very sad times.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have seen the same mentality from some car salesmen on a high demand product. Their take it or leave it attitude is not what makes a good sales person. Eventually they will be out of a job.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I had the best experience I have ever had buying a gun a couple of weeks ago at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I know that their prices are a little higher but they also have guns there that you would never find in another store in Indy. They have earned a customer for life. I'm not saying that I would never buy a gun anywhere else, but I will always look there.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I lost respect for my LGS when I found out they were buying up all the ammo at walmart every shipment and selling it for double or triple the price. I had two different walmart employees tell me this.

That is truly despicable. I'm all for capitalism, but c'mon...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Reading through this thread has brought me back to the realization that the LGS's I frequent are not only a loyal group of friends but a source of more friendships, valuable info and a lifestyle I enjoy. This does not happen at Gander/dicks/Walmart. It can not happen on line with the digital "Stores". I was in 3 different LGS yesterday looking at 1911's and ended up with the one I originally left home to get. A S&W1911PD. I could not have done the shopping on line or at any of the big box stores the way i did at the LGS. The conversations and the moments in the search were good. I could have looked through the classifieds but I feel having to show my LTCH to a stranger to buy a gun (even a rifle) is a bit much. JMHO

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Reading through this thread has brought me back to the realization that the LGS's I frequent are not only a loyal group of friends but a source of more friendships, valuable info and a lifestyle I enjoy. This does not happen at Gander/dicks/Walmart. It can not happen on line with the digital "Stores". I was in 3 different LGS yesterday looking at 1911's and ended up with the one I originally left home to get. A S&W1911PD. I could not have done the shopping on line or at any of the big box stores the way i did at the LGS. The conversations and the moments in the search were good. I could have looked through the classifieds but I feel having to show my LTCH to a stranger to buy a gun (even a rifle) is a bit much. JMHO

Another one! You are a 1911 addict :)

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I made a trip to Buckshot's just before the New Year. Went in looking for a pistol, talked to a clerk and was told they had nothing with more than 10 round mags. I asked about AK mags and was told by the clerk they had none, he said the owner was getting $250 per 10 for Tapcos on Gunbroker. I didn't ask if thats where the pistol mags went.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I am looking for a Mossberg MVP with a 24" barrel and stopped in Ranger Supply. They did not have any but quickly took my name and informed me they have some on order. A few days later they called me up and I stopped in. Sadly, they only had the 18.5" Predator version and not the 24". However, I was impressed that they tried, they followed through.

Sad part is the place is EMPTY. Their inventory looks like a cow carcass is the badlands. A few sad looking rifles on the wall and next to no mags or accessories even. Truly picked over. I feel sorry for them as I know they are not really getting new stuff in too often so it appears very hand to mouth for them in their quest for survival.

Freedom Arms seems to have quite a bit but of certain things like AR's and mags, they are helpless and hopeless. They even refused to even try to order a 24" MVP....... I did leave with two unobtainium mags for my M&P22 pistol although I got raped for them!

Ed Hirschy is picked over too but he can find stuff if you are patient. He got an M&P9 VTAC and a Bodyguard in 9 for me while no one else can. He also got a couple of real nice AR's and 308's for my friend.

What is this all going to look like when it is all over? Will Ranger be gone? How about Freedom? 21st Century? I have really enjoyed my hobby since the AWB sunset. I hope it stays.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If a gunshop is raising their prices like that, they were never loyal in the first place.

BS. Their prices are going up too. What do you expect them to do; sell at a loss so you can have a warm moment together?

Our for sale section is full of the kind of crap you should be concerned with. People with 52 posts selling their rifles for $2k.......:rolleyes:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    BS. Their prices are going up too. What do you expect them to do; sell at a loss so you can have a warm moment together?

Our for sale section is full of the kind of crap you should be concerned with. People with 52 posts selling their rifles for $2k.......:rolleyes:

Their prices aren't going up as much as you would think.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

A gun shop selling $15 Pmags for $60 is BS.

You're fine with that?

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    To the OP, you might also take a trip up to Granger Guns. Steve, the owner, won't give you a hug when you walk in the door or chat you up about previous purchases. I've affectionately nicknamed him Grumpy :D He doesn't like to chat, but what he will do is give you a good deal with prompt service. He also has a nice selection of reloading supplies. I do almost all of my business with him.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    To the OP, you might also take a trip up to Granger Guns. Steve, the owner, won't give you a hug when you walk in the door or chat you up about previous purchases. I've affectionately nicknamed him Grumpy :D He doesn't like to chat, but what he will do is give you a good deal with prompt service. He also has a nice selection of reloading supplies. I do almost all of my business with him.

All of this is true but your lying about 1 thing.... The owner is not grumpy he is a true blooded ass hole that's putting it nice. I've been their tons of times. Now if his wife is their she is really really really nice. When i go and get to deal with her it truly makes it a outstanding place to shop.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, I'm a little different, granted I have collected firearms for many years and usually know what I'm looking for. Also when I go to a gun shop (don't really have any local) I know what the prices are on the internet. Therefore, I really don't want anyone to hold my hand. I want to look, undisturbed, at their guns. If they have a gun I might want and the price is too high, I make an offer. If I think the response is reasonable, I will buy it, if not OK. Then I leave. No issue no problem, I really don't go to a GS to make friends - just deals. If I go to one a few times and all their prices are too high (after making an offer), I just don't go back. If some prices are ok, I will return.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    So, it has come down to this. Bad mouthing our LGS's. It's a business for crying out loud. I'd rather you get the !@#$ out of my way and let me do my shopping instead of you having a Taster's Choice moment with the employees.

Top Bottom