Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Went to Wal Mart last night and saw about 300 rounds of SS109 for 9.97 per 30 rounds. Didn't get any but thats around 350 per 1000rd.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I was at Gander Mountain in Greenfield last weekend BS'ing with one of the guys in the firearms department - he told me he had someone come in the week prior and buy $8700 worth of the American Eagle green tip 150 ct boxes they were selling at $74.99 per.

That one of you guys? :):

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here is what I do not understand; I shoot XM193 almost exclusively and most of my shooting buddies do too. We all think it is BS that SS109 is subject to a ban, but we are not buying it up because we don't use it. Are the people buying this up planning on using it or are they buying it "just because"?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Here is what I do not understand; I shoot XM193 almost exclusively and most of my shooting buddies do too. We all think it is BS that SS109 is subject to a ban, but we are not buying it up because we don't use it. Are the people buying this up planning on using it or are they buying it "just because"?

THANK YOU!

There are people out there panic buying simply for the sake of panic buying, as seemingly nobody in the civilian world used the more expensive 855 (compared to 193) until a few weeks ago...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I think there is a lot of panic buying by people that don't understand the difference between the different types of ammo. And I'm sure a lot of people think this is just the first step and soon all 5.56 will be banned.

And some people that are jumpy because of the current .22 situation, and recent 9mms shortage. And there are always those that will try to turn a profit on the fears of others.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County

If you say to someone "you will never be able to buy this ever again", the appeal of said object increases significantly. A person may not have a current need for M855, but when preppers start thinking of the SHTF, they think they'll have to pierce some armor someday to feed and protect little Peggie Sue. I'm too poor to get involved, but I can somewhat understand it. I don't currently use magnets on the regular, but if the government said I couldn't buy anymore after X date, I'd want to buy some. Hell, I bought a few packs of 100w light bulbs a few years ago for the same reason.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Let them buy it up. I didn't use that particular ammo to begin with and I certainly would not purchase any now at the jacked up panic prices. They can spend all their money on that ammo and I will continue to purchase what I always have.

But it's not about whether I ever used it or not.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    2 weeks ago...Dicks had a coupon for AE 62gr. 150 ct. for $49.99... so at $0.30 a rnd I bit my lip and bought 1200 rnds. 8 boxes. if a bvan happens then I might just sell when it hit $3.00 a rnd.. until then I will just sit on my good deal.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Haven't checked out prices for a while so tonight I started to check a few websites and WOW this is ridiculous!, let's talk about bad timing as I just received some bonus from work and decide to get some ammo. I did manage to buy Wolf at $.22 per round and high quality brass case for $.33 per round , it will be a long time again before prices go back down (if they go down).

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Haven't checked out prices for a while so tonight I started to check a few websites and WOW this is ridiculous!, let's talk about bad timing as I just received some bonus from work and decide to get some ammo. I did manage to buy Wolf at $.22 per round and high quality brass case for $.33 per round , it will be a long time again before prices go back down (if they go down).

Great prices and you got lucky. I tend to agree that price hikes are here for a while but deals are still out there. They go fast but they keep popping up elsewhere. Keep looking.

Top Bottom