Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This buying up everything in sight is getting old. We as a gun community should be smarter than the masses, most of the gun owners are buying for one reason, to screw someone down the line. Charging 2-3 times what you paid for this stuff isn't capitalism per se, it is more greed. We need to stop it now. I am not talking to anyone in particular and yes I know what capitalism is, but I think that this is truly a matter of greed.

Greed is capitalism with the bit between its teeth

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now that is funny. As we were driving home yesterday from the LGS, after pickup up some components, I told my 11 year old Son that you can always trade ammo just like gold and silver. Sorry William Devane...

Canned food and ammo, the new krueggerands

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    2 weeks ago...Dicks had a coupon for AE 62gr. 150 ct. for $49.99... so at $0.30 a rnd I bit my lip and bought 1200 rnds. 8 boxes. if a bvan happens then I might just sell when it hit $3.00 a rnd.. until then I will just sit on my good deal.

What if the also ban reselling

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since 08-09 I've adapted 'dollar cost averaging' to ammo. I regularly buy small amounts (1-200 rds) of the ammo I use in several calibers for the safe unless prices are ridiculous. The supply builds slowly but steadily and I pay the average price per round over the intervening period. Quite often when I shoot, if not spur of the moment, I'll buy new supply at retail or LGS and not go into the stockpile. Slow and steady still wins the race

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Time to start buying 308/7.62 NATO in larger quantities then normal until all this crap dies down. At least that way I'll have 308/7.62 if they decide to do the same thing.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I think this preoccupation with what a person is spending, when, how much and on what is an exercise in futility. Several disparaging adjectives seem appropriate here. Ridiculous pretty much sums it up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think people think that what someone else is willing to pay for ammunition and what that person considers a large enough supply is open to criticism because they feel it is adversely affecting their own purchase parameters. It reminds me of a time I was sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas up over a grand and the woman next to me, down about $400, told me I was playing wrong and taking her cards. Whatever

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I sent a message to one of my Senators and my Reprensentative today voicing my concerns. Also sent an email to the ATF. Curious if I will get a response from anyone.

Has anyone had an luck in getting any type if response from a legislator on this?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I sent a message to one of my Senators and my Reprensentative today voicing my concerns. Also sent an email to the ATF. Curious if I will get a response from anyone.

Has anyone had an luck in getting any type if response from a legislator on this?

Congress is aware. Senator Coats replied to my email and specifically mentioned the proposed ban and M855 ammunition. Other INGOers have posted the same response Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner has apparently introduced, or will introduce legislation calling to abolish the ATF. A rep in the house has collected hundreds of signatures, on a letter to the ATF, in opposition to the ban and I believe a senator also started collecting signatures.

They are aware, so we will have to wait for the final decision from the ATF and then wait for Congress to comment or move on it if need be.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    It reminds me of a time I was sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas up over a grand and the woman next to me, down about $400, told me I was playing wrong and taking her cards. Whatever
    Next time tell her to sit on the other side of you.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    so on other sites I am seeing that BATFE have pulled back on xm855 being banned? any real news on this?

My understanding is that they have not pulled back, they are simply stating leaving the M855 exemption out of the 2014 regulations was a "typo" and that the exemption was still supposed to be in there. My opinion is that the writers knew the ban was coming and that they simply jumped the gun on removing it from the 2014 regulations guide. They are sneaky, but oftentimes the left hand doesn't know exactly what the right hand is doing.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I was at Gander Mountain in Greenfield last weekend BS'ing with one of the guys in the firearms department - he told me he had someone come in the week prior and buy $8700 worth of the American Eagle green tip 150 ct boxes they were selling at $74.99 per.

That one of you guys? :):

...so now what is this guy going to do with $8700 worth of M855 he paid panic prices for? :laugh:

ATF shelves controversial bullet ban proposal | Fox News

Top Bottom