• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not know how anyone thinks they have an accurate count. With all the political anti gun talk for the last 25 or so years, even my rural democrat voting inlaws state that they will not tell anyone in government about their guns. Young, old, city, rural, conservative or moderate liberal, everyone I know at least has a bedroom gun. Those that I know without are some real snowflakes that are too weak willed to do anything but cry if they are out of their comfort zone.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    This article offends me and I feel like I'm being stereo-typed/profiled or whatever people whine about... I'm going to my safe space now.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    So sounds like if you get above 140 you are ok in the eyes of the libs, which makes you "Fabulous!!!" I have to get to work, I so want the acceptance of anti's.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Super owners start at 8?!? I can't even remember when I became one...shortly after high school I think...geeze.

And that would be guns I bought, not those purchased for me by family so wouldn't be walking around the woods like an idiot when everyone else was hunting.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I thought it was pretty cool to start the day realizing that I'm 'super' at something. Then I realized that just about everyone else here is just as, if not more 'super' than I am. Back to being average I guess...

Well, average in a super sort of way...:yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Super owners start at 8?!? I can't even remember when I became one...shortly after high school I think...geeze.

And that would be guns I bought, not those purchased for me by family so wouldn't be walking around the woods like an idiot when everyone else was hunting.

Sometimes you have to improvise... ;)

stock-photo-boy-playing-with-stick-like-with-gun-series-children-13006084.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    And it's not just the cost. At some point a person has to think of storage. Safe room perhaps? The kind with firearms in it.

Nah, lots of drawers and closets around the house when I run out of safe room. The real cost becomes ammo...

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It only took a week for the study's big lie (3% own 50%) to become fact. I've seen two news stories this weekend that cite this "fact".

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I read the article and I do qualify as one of these super gun owners. Odd though I don't feel super at all? I'm curious how many gun owners didn't tell the extent of their ownership though?

I mean guns are like anything else really you just slowly acquire them till one day you're like "man that's a lot of guns, I've never even shot that one!"

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How many gun owners would tell some stranger that they own any, even if the survey was supposedly anonymous? In my observations, I see new gun owners all the time, including members of my extended family. This is more liberal false propaganda IMHO.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This "super gun owner" silliness reminds me of the clintonista admin scheming to enact an "arsenal tax" on anyone who owned a combination of more than 10 guns and/or magazines, or more than 1000rnds of ammo.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    This "super gun owner" silliness reminds me of the clintonista admin scheming to enact an "arsenal tax" on anyone who owned a combination of more than 10 guns and/or magazines, or more than 1000rnds of ammo.

over 1k rounds? That's just starting into being frugal, not even a "bulk" discount. plus you need to fill up before you run out. not to mention if you have multiple calibers.

over 10 mags? per gun, more like it. that's just being smart.

Next month will be the 1st anniversary of my first gun purchase and I'm already thinking along these lines...you guys are a bad (good?) influence. Then again it doesn't take much since I'm also one of those people that is rationing to only 5 legal and fully functioning vehicles for 2 drivers.

Top Bottom