• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I myself consider myself a prepper. There was a TV show on Discovery....or maybe it was Nat Geo....about people who actually believe that the zombie apocalypse is going to happen.

I'm not that guy who will bash you because you think zombies are going to come due to some goverment experiment gone wrong. But are there any of you who actually prep for this?

Just curious....:twocents:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Zombie Apocalypse is just the perfect metaphor for so many other different real life disasters. Break down in social order. Break down of utilities. Break down in governance. Break down of lines of communication. Issues of how/when to mobilize to avoid/escape the worst of it. Desperate non-preppers becoming hungry animals willing to kill you and take your preps. It's all there in one, neat, brain-eating package.

Plus, it's beneficial as a cover for any preps the neighbors see you making that might otherwise mark you as the first brains they plan to eat. They see you canning fresh veggies from your garden and ask you, "Hey, why are you putting aside so much food?"

Answer A, honest) I see a breakdown in the food production and delivery chains. The government is allowing increasing amounts of contaminants into the products stores put on shelves, and the prices of those foods are skyrocketting beyond what I'm willing to pay, so I'm growing my own for the day when the food supplies collapse.
    Neighbor Response A) Wow, my food supply is really in danger, but I don't want to expend the energy he is. If TSHTF, I'll just go over there and demand he give me some of his.

Answer B, zombies) The zombie apocalypse is coming! When the dead rise, civilization will fall! When they're eating your brains, I'll be barricaded in my home eating my own food.
    Neighbor Response B) Wow, what a kook. I'm gonna leave him alone from now on and hope he ignores me too.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    The Zombie Apocalypse is just the perfect metaphor for so many other different real life disasters. Break down in social order. Break down of utilities. Break down in governance. Break down of lines of communication. Issues of how/when to mobilize to avoid/escape the worst of it. Desperate non-preppers becoming hungry animals willing to kill you and take your preps. It's all there in one, neat, brain-eating package.

Plus, it's beneficial as a cover for any preps the neighbors see you making that might otherwise mark you as the first brains they plan to eat. They see you canning fresh veggies from your garden and ask you, "Hey, why are you putting aside so much food?"

Answer A, honest) I see a breakdown in the food production and delivery chains. The government is allowing increasing amounts of contaminants into the products stores put on shelves, and the prices of those foods are skyrocketting beyond what I'm willing to pay, so I'm growing my own for the day when the food supplies collapse.
    Neighbor Response A) Wow, my food supply is really in danger, but I don't want to expend the energy he is. If TSHTF, I'll just go over there and demand he give me some of his.

Answer B, zombies) The zombie apocalypse is coming! When the dead rise, civilization will fall! When they're eating your brains, I'll be barricaded in my home eating my own food.
    Neighbor Response B) Wow, what a kook. I'm gonna leave him alone from now on and hope he ignores me too.

lol Best response ever!

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    I've watched a lot of the Doomsday Prepper shows, for entertainment and tips!, but I don't remember seeing any of them where "zombies" were their reason for prepping. I may have missed that one. Most of them are prepping for some disaster , whether it be geologically, financially, or other, but if you can tell me which episode it was, I'd love to watch it for the entertainment value! LOL

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What's the old saying? If you are prepared for Zombies, you are prepared for anything?

OK, its not that old. Maybe not even a saying, other than I just said it (well, typed).

But, seriously, the whole zombie apocalypse thing does cover the prepping needs for most any disaster, large or small. It ads a bit of whimsy to an otherwise pretty boring (or even dark) subject.

Am I actually prepping for zombies? No, not really. But if some other brain-dead horde happens by.....

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most people on Doomsday Preppers are prepping for lots of different eventualities, but the producers make them pick one (or may even give them the disaster they want them to claim to be prepping for). If I went on DP (which I never would), my doomsday of choice would be, "The coming ice age and the return of the glaciers."

Top Bottom