"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Are we worshipping science or not?

hqdefault.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    In the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" category, we have this fellow:
    Would you hire this man? Unemployed dad with enormous face tattoo can't get work | Fox News

I saw that and my first thought was if I were looking to hire, my first impression would be "well, that shows some really poor decision making abilities."
    Then I read the article and see he definitely has made some poor decisions, with his criminal past.
    Then I think, maybe his background checks are as much a hindrance to employment as his face....

-rvb

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    To be fair he is in New Zealand, home of the famous Maori Facial Tattoos of the indigenous people, perhaps it represents the artistic evolution of his cultural heritage?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's willingly put a .gov listening device in our homes! :facepalm:

“The unexpected use of this new technology to contact emergency services has possibly helped save a life,” Bernalillo County Sheriff Manuel Gonzales III told ABC News. “This amazing technology definitely helped save a mother and her child from a very violent situation.”

Great. Call to make installation of such devices mandatory in 5...4...3...2...1...

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    To be fair he is in New Zealand, home of the famous Maori Facial Tattoos of the indigenous people, perhaps it represents the artistic evolution of his cultural heritage?

Anyone that would hire him with the tattooed face won't because of the cultural appropriation. He is truly doomed.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Anyone that would hire him with the tattooed face won't because of the cultural appropriation. He is truly doomed.

Or that criminal history.

He claims he didn't have a job or a way to provide for his family so he turned to criminal acts.

Goes to prison and gets ridiculous face tattoo.

Gets out of prison and realizes life-ruining tattoo is preventing him from getting a job.

Lather, rinse, repeat. It's a continuous cycle of stupidity.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Let's willingly put a .gov listening device in our homes! :facepalm:

Don't get a Samsung S8! In order to yse any voice commands on the phone you "must" install Bixby. I have a brand new state of the art phone that does not have voice to text ability because I will not give them 24/7 accsee to everything I say.

BTW Bixby Reqiures permissions for "EVERYTHING".

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Don't get a Samsung S8! In order to yse any voice commands on the phone you "must" install Bixby. I have a brand new state of the art phone that does not have voice to text ability because I will not give them 24/7 accsee to everything I say.

BTW Bixby Reqiures permissions for "EVERYTHING".

Work just announced a plan for smartphone user to wave their phone instead of punching in/out at the time clock. No thanks, I'll stick with my flip phone and keep the company out of my phone.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I Lagh when I see a commercial for a smart thermostat with Alexa installed.

Honey, I shot the thermostat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom