• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I find it absolutely amazing that people are STILL posting saying " x brand AR-15 is 3 times its normal price. and im mad and i want one". I agree you have the right to own one and it should be at a fair price...but what did you expect when we are like over a month in the buying madness and price spikes and a new speech comes out today about a AWB and YOU REALLY THINK that prices are going to normal today....or anytime in the next month or 2??? get real. I have said it before and i will say it again. We are in the times of if you didnt get it before you wont get it now for a reasonable price. If you are willing to pay the high price than dont gripe about it. I also wish prices were lower and ammo was plentiful as it should be. But PLEASE stop the whining about the prices and the scarcity of ammo because its you idiots who pay the high price and keep the stores selling them at that price.

Sorry for the rant...it just seems like 9 out of every 10 new threads are "I cant find this/ it cost X amount more than it should"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I suppose the question will now become: what is a "normal" price?

I paid between $1 and $1.25 a gallon for gas between about 1990 and 2005....now....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I suppose the question will now become: what is a "normal" price?

I paid between $1 and $1.25 a gallon for gas between about 1990 and 2005....now....

When I started driving, gasoline (leaded) was $.37 p/gallon and cigarettes were $.35 p/pack.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    When I started driving, gasoline (leaded) was $.37 p/gallon and cigarettes were $.35 p/pack.
    When I started driving gas was 18.9, and cigarettes were $.23 a pack. When you bought cigarettes out of a machine, you put in a quarter, the cigarette pack dropped along with 2 pennies they placed on top of the pack! I made a little under $2.00 an hour in a factory. But I only paid about $6 a week in taxes. Paid SS until the max was paid - usually about June or July - didn't pay any more that year. (This was in 1959)

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    How about text messages from friends asking you to sell them an AR at a "good price"? Really? Yeah, I will sell you something I want to keep for $1200 and hope the price isn't $3000 in the future. I was left wondering why someone would ask a friend that. And yeah, it's my business now that you didn't prepare yourself. :rolleyes:

Not buying and not selling in this market, but I don't need to either.:ar15:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Buyers are gouging themselves. The seller sets a price and that price is only validated when a buyer pays it. It isn't the sellers that are being stupid here.

I stopped by GM today at the time they were trying to put ammo on the shelves and people were there buying it at their prices before they could get it from the pallet to the shelf. Why would anyone reduce the price of a thing under those circumstances? All the buyers I saw were HAPPY to pay the price!

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    When I started driving gas was 18.9, and cigarettes were $.23 a pack. When you bought cigarettes out of a machine, you put in a quarter, the cigarette pack dropped along with 2 pennies they placed on top of the pack! I made a little under $2.00 an hour in a factory. But I only paid about $6 a week in taxes. Paid SS until the max was paid - usually about June or July - didn't pay any more that year. (This was in 1959)

Wow, Larry, I think you win (so far.) I was gonna chime in that I used to fill my VW for under $3 (and that was FULL SERVICE, too!), and before that when my dad would pull in, say, "Fill 'er up," and get free dishware or S&H green stamps.

Ahhh ... the good old days. :D

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i agree with you guys....its the buyers doing it...but then they get on here and whine and moan about the price of what ever they were trying to buy. or its the standard "i cant find .223 ammo for any less than $.75 a round....help me". It just gets really annoying to the point that i just dont even read alot of threads because i know what they are saying and i just want to tell them too bad because they wanted to wait.

I also am in the group that is not buying or selling. I will buy if the prices are reasonable....but im not going to stand in line or fight some idiot to pay a high price for something....just not worth it. I have seen people that dont shoot think they need to stock pile ammo for guns they dont even have just because its there and they think someone will take it if they dont get to it first. Its just insanity.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    I also am in the group that is not buying or selling. I will buy if the prices are reasonable....but im not going to stand in line or fight some idiot to pay a high price for something....just not worth it. I have seen people that dont shoot think they need to stock pile ammo for guns they dont even have just because its there and they think someone will take it if they dont get to it first. Its just insanity.

Exactly. Same thing happened when POTUS was first elected. Eventually all the morons stropped hording crap they don't need and we all got back to our normal activities. Might take a little longer for the weapons, but the ammo should recover by spring.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    +1 for this thread! Rep coming for this one.

After reading several other threads tonight I was going to write the same thing.

People...it is what it is. Man up and get over it. Either pay or wait. Whining and complaining will not change a thing.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    A 3 month (plus) supply of ammunition for each caliber/firearm we own has always been a part of our preps, with the exception of .22LR, which I bought 2-3 bulk packs per week until I filled a .30 cal can. (Hey, what can I say, I like my rim fire) Add that to reloading supplies and tin foil and I doubt I'll be one of those driving up prices in the near future. :)

Oh, and the answer is NO! :): :): :):

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I do understand why people are upset about it. It is upsetting to see quality rifles and magazines double (triple?) in price overnight.

At the same time, I don't really feel bad for anyone complaining. I think it was pretty obvious that something like this was going to happen under the current POTUS. It was only a matter of time and a "good" reason/disaster...

I spent $650 in late November on my AR15 and I built it. I'm glad I bought it when I did though. Best of luck to anyone trying to buy one now...

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I think their best bet is to trade.. I have been trading things i dont need anymore for guns lately and got some decent deals.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I find it interesting now as all my LGS have some AR's and they are marked up but not selling. Think maybe the local bubble has hit its max here....then again it may just be a slow 2 weeks..LOL

ZOMBIE2012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    YEAH, I STOPPED BUYING FROM CERTAIN SHOPS IN MY TOWN, A BUCH OF US WENT TO A SMALL SHOP AND TALKED TO THE GUY THAT OWNS IT. HE SAID HE WOULD SELL US 1000RDS FOR 50$ more than normal price when it comes in. so we get it for 389$.he said as long as we continue to be loyal customers he will help out

Top Bottom