• smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Talk about disturbing.
    SnapScouts - Crowd Sourcing Crime Prevention
    With SnapScout Reports, you can monitor the anonymous SnapScout reports before they go to the authorities. And if you don't agree with the report, you can negotiate with the reporter to explain your actions.
    IE pay us and we won't report your probably legal activity.

The kids can earn badges for reports.This on the surface does not look like a bad idea,but then the Hitler youth probably looked like a good idea to Germans at the time.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sounds disturbinly link the Spy Corps in George Orwell's 1984. If anyone wants to see where we are heading, read Animal Farm, 1984, Brave New World, Farenheight 451, Atlas Shrugged, etc. These authors were visionaries and saw where society is heading, if we don't stop the progressives and statists. Teach you kids real history, not the politically correct crap they teach today, otherwise we are lost.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

"It's up to you to keep America safe! If you see something suspicious, Snap it! If you see someone who doesn't belong, Snap it! Not sure if someone or something is suspicious? Snap it anyway!"

Wow, what fun!
    See a black man in your neighborhood, Snap it! (He probably doesn't belong there.)
    See someone with firearms heading out to the range, Snap it! (Be sure to include the house number so burglars will know where to find guns.)
    See a hot chick who jogs in the deserted area of the park every evening, Snap it! (She might want a date.)
    See a guy making a night deposit of a lot of cash, Snap it!
    Etc.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ever heard of D.A.R.E.?

My daughter just graduated DARE. Ok I guess. She learned about drugs and how bad most of them are. She's only 11 though. They're getting them while their young.

"It's up to you to keep America safe! If you see something suspicious, Snap it! If you see someone who doesn't belong, Snap it! Not sure if someone or something is suspicious? Snap it anyway!"

Wow, what fun!
    See a black man in your neighborhood, Snap it! (He probably doesn't belong there.)
    See someone with firearms heading out to the range, Snap it! (Be sure to include the house number so burglars will know where to find guns.)
    See a hot chick who jogs in the deserted area of the park every evening, Snap it! (She might want a date.)
    See a guy making a night deposit of a lot of cash, Snap it!
    Etc.

This is just so disturbing it's not funny. If I see kids riding their bikes around my house snapping pictures of me while I OC I'll have to make sure I :rockwoot: while smiling for the camera. I'd flip it off, but they're only kids. :):

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is just so disturbing it's not funny. If I see kids riding their bikes around my house snapping pictures of me while I OC I'll have to make sure I :rockwoot: while smiling for the camera. I'd flip it off, but they're only kids. :):

Events are disturbing, whether this particular effort is true or a joke.
    You have no expectation of privacy in public. Court decisions had held that the police can put a GPS tracking device on any vehicle on a public street without a warrant.
    On the other hand, people have been arrested for video recording police officers in public.

I guess all animals are equal; some are just more equal than others.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    You have no expectation of privacy in public. Court decisions had held that the police can put a GPS tracking device on any vehicle on a public street without a warrant.
    On the other hand, people have been arrested for video recording police officers in public.

I guess all animals are equal; some are just more equal than others.

That's what disturbs me the most. Citizens have no expectation of privacy in public, but LEOs do. If I'm out in public, someone can photogaph me all they want, film me, whatever, or film or photograph my son in public, on a playground, at the pool, whatever, but if I take pic or video of an LEO making an arrest or stop IN PUBLIC, where their job is the uphold the law and serve the public, I have to worry about being arrested...

I'm waiting for the day that someone gets arrested for filming an officer on a public street and it makes it to the SCOTUS and hopefully a common sense precident gets set. Public is public and no one has expectation of privacy in public.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hey guys, its not real.

Minitru LLC ring a bell? Read the about us section, lots of clues in there.

THANK YOU! :) For those who spout off about 1984 apparently did not read the book very well. :(

There is a Mini-true website as well, sort of like the Onion but more alarmist. Wait, don't go to that website folks. Won't want the local shops to run completely out of tin foil...

READ and RESEARCH! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A REAL WEBSITE! What kind of operation has only a "product" website, but nothing stating their goals, objectives, leadership and location for correspondence?!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I don't think anyone here wants photography in public to be illegal. (Probably)

This mostly is news because the Government wants to pit citizen against citizen in an dangerous obsession with terrorist hunting and crime prevention. The whole thing stinks of fascism and of Big Brother.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well this thread had my blood pressure up. I was all set to bang on the keyboard until my knuckles bled.

Than I read the rest of the thread. Disposable Heart; the voice of reason. :D

Disposable Heart if you keep throwing common sense into these things it will take all the fun out of the forum.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Its just plain simple: Mini-tru, as stated earlier in the thread, was the "new speak" for the Ministry of Truth, as in 1984 fame.

After scouring the internet to find it, I could not find a MiniTru LLC, which segways into my concept that this is a political farce and rightfully so. TONS of folks right now are fired up about this. Anyone have an IPhone? Download the app, see what happens. I dont have a cellular, so I can't. I could imagine it would provide a link to some political site.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Its just plain simple: Mini-tru, as stated earlier in the thread, was the "new speak" for the Ministry of Truth, as in 1984 fame.

After scouring the internet to find it, I could not find a MiniTru LLC, which segways into my concept that this is a political farce and rightfully so. TONS of folks right now are fired up about this. Anyone have an IPhone? Download the app, see what happens. I dont have a cellular, so I can't. I could imagine it would provide a link to some political site.

I was really hoping someone would have tried this by now. On my search of MiniTru, all I came up with also was Ministry of Truth as well. :dunno: Looks like nut jobs to me.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I mean, seriously, do people research ANYTHING anymore?! I get nothing but crap emails from coworkers about "insert something tin foil hat here" only to have it debunked LONG ago, plus now my email address is in the hands of Korean gangsters with all the viruses the forwarded email stuff has.

I see alot of panic and terror being handed down by a few on forums to keep everyone in a tizzy. Someone once told me that a recent study of Americans found that over 20% of Americans could not function without panic in their lives. While I used to question the validity of that, I see it in full force, compounded when they get together.

Here's a new conspiracy for folks to flip out over: Maybe the people that post most of the stories, articles or blogs online and here on INGO are secretly government agents of the 5th Dimension to keep you in terror to increase fatigue in Americans and to increase sales of caffiene so they can keep you in heart trouble (medicare dollars funneled to the black Empire) and increase the amount of caffine being sold (which is, and they wont tell you this, a byproduct of the Jabber-wock). :D :D I am kidding, but seriously...

Rant off.

Top Bottom