• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherrypicker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Indianapolis
    on the subject of FAL's. Does anyone have the tools and expertise to use them to change the flash hider on an FAL?
    hours radius of Indianapolis and a reasonable fee ?

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Will do. I don't have any mags right now, but I'm going to see what I can scare up. Thanks!

I'd respond to your PM but apparently my required post count to respond on PM's keeps going up. Anywho, just PM me again when you want to use the tools and I'll let you borrow them.

on the subject of FAL's. Does anyone have the tools and expertise to use them to change the flash hider on an FAL?
    hours radius of Indianapolis and a reasonable fee ?

Which model of FAL and is the hider silver soldered?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a crappy L1A1 kit (more like just random parts that form a kit), and I'd love to build it. I got the parts kit free from a guy when I bought his working L1A1! :) I'd love to snag a receiver and meet up for a group build!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    From what I gather, 922r on these isn't that bad, a fully made US mag counts as 3 parts and the upper is going to be a 4th. I think I have to come up with 6 or 7 for this. Most replace some fire control parts and furniture and call it a day.

I've always liked SBRs. I plan on building a .458 AR when those parts finally start to become available again. I want to at least get a FAL kit purchased for that, they're getting more scarce/expensive all the time.

Here is a calculator i use to follow 922r compliance.

Section 922r Worksheet

I am building a Sten Mark V carbine and have to follow the rules too. What a joke.

It's great to see all the volunteers come forward with offers to help! Way to go guys!! You rock!!!

I would love to see some Indiana gun build parties! And maybe even attend a few. What a great excuse to buy parts for another gun :-)

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Quick update:

Ordered the receiver a couple of weeks ago, they told me 30-60 days, but it would probably be less than that even though I'm getting a custom serial number. Coonan does charge you at the time of order now that the wait time is more reasonable.

Going to meet up with MAG58 soon and borrow his tools, and hopefully pick up some ammo at the next 1500. Once the assembly gets started I'll post pics.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Receiver is barreled, need to headspace it and order the correct locking shoulder. It did not hand time correctly, luckily a buddy had a friend with a lathe that helped me trim the barrel down a little. Probably do some more cleaning, finding more shipping grease in nooks and crannies.

Last edited:

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side

Mostly done. I have to pull the barrel because I forgot to put the handguard ring on... no biggie, it'll take about 5 min. I'm also missing the screw for the handguards so I'll have to send Sarco an email. Went together pretty easy, I figured most of it out myself.

These have a single piece extractor, which is easy to remove but took me a while to figure out it was very different than the process used for other extractors. Now that it's out I can headspace and order the locking shoulder. Been so busy with the new house stuff lately I haven't had time to touch it in a few days, hopefully get it done tonight after dinner.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    is that a 30 round mag? Does SARCO have more of those? I am filthy with 20 rounders but would like a few 30's as well.

Looks good. Maybe someday we can get together and shoot our FAL's. I am in Terre Haute so I am not sure what would be between us.

Top Bottom