• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Took me a bit to get the layout.
    Sorry about that wasn't trying to label you or anything, I finally figured it out while texting my nephew. He's 35, and comes in as conservative but close to moderate.
    He gave me the numbers to and 20 is what threw me off. But he explained it to me.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Why bother voting for these people?

This Conservative party is a party which never conserves anything. Its history has been that it demurs to each aggression of the progressive party, and aims to save its credit by a respectable amount of growling, but always acquiesces at last in the innovation. What was the resisted novelty of yesterday is today one of the accepted principles of conservatism; it is now conservative only in affecting to resist the next innovation, which will tomorrow be forced upon its timidity and will be succeeded by some third revolution; to be denounced and then adopted in its turn. American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. . . . Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom. It always when about to enter a protest very blandly informs the wild beast whose path it essays to stop, that its “bark is worse than its bite,” and that it only means to save its manners by enacting its decent role of resistance: The only practical purpose which it now serves in American politics is to give enough exercise to Radicalism to keep it “in wind,” and to prevent its becoming pursy and lazy, from having nothing to whip.

Robert Lewis Dabney - 1897

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’m not here to flame people. Right now I’m mostly here to find out if anyone sees hope in the Republican Party because I’ve spent the last 4 years losing any faith I had in them to actually fight for anything worthwhile.
    I've managed to vote for a better alternative over the last couple of decades.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    but always acquiesces

Do not underestimate the allure of being the default opposition.

You'll find that number 2 is not held accountable and it's position is rarely attacked.

When you take an blind view of mainstream politics you'll start to notice that defending your direct opponent through inaction or incompetence is the norm.

A choreographed dance that is made to look like a heavyweight title fight.
    The participants playing their parts to the roar of a feverish crowd.

Your entertainment is carefully curated.
    Television, Music, Sports, News,
    And yes even your Politics.
    Your cage is gilded and strung with lights.
    The banquet you consume is the poison that clouds your mind.

Something, Something,
    be the change you wish to see.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’m not here to flame people. Right now I’m mostly here to find out if anyone sees hope in the Republican Party because I’ve spent the last 4 years losing any faith I had in them to actually fight for anything worthwhile.
    I've been hoping since 1976, the sad part is all the Republicans I have voted for since 1976 have done more damage to my 2nd Amendment Rights than any Democrat in that same time period.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Of course we did. Under the Constitution, which contains no right to abortion or general right to privacy, this should always have been a state law issue. That's less of a strictly abortion issue than it is an originalist constitutional issue.

Now, the people of every state, through their representatives can decide what abortion laws to have if any. Returning the issue to the states was never going to end the abortion debate, but at least it allows there to actually be a political debate instead of nine failed lawyers making up rights ex nihilo because they think its a good idea. Want new constitutional rights? There's an amendment process.
    The debate is never really going to end. Its just now a 50 piece box of chocolates.
    I have no issues with all the States having what should have been their decision all along. And I'm old enough to remember before and after 1973.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And it looks like you’ve completely missed my point.
    No, you're missing the point. You're screaming at clouds wondering why they aren't listening to you. There is no perfect candidate. Ever. There will always be give and take, its what makes us uniquely human. The best you can do at this point in our society is make the best choices you can, support those that you agree with and go from there. At times, we have to hold our nose and literally vote against death to the country because even though you may hate all the conservatives on the ballet, they will do 1/4 the damage their counterparts on the other side of the isle will and want to do. If they had their way, they would have us stripped of all our constitutionally protected rights. There would be no free speech, no RKBA, no protections against unwarranted search and seizure, no freedoms at all. Anyone that disagrees would be "re-educated". If you don't believe me, just read what they have actually said. They're no longer hiding it, its in plain sight.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I am slightly surprised. I thought that I would be totally conservative
    bad1c9b9f2c96d01727575953f5dce75.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are lots of issues and lots of positions to hold and lots of people to hold them. If you want a party that checks all your boxes you’re gonna be lonely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Take this quick survey. See where you land.

Not surprised that people score libertarian who didn’t know they were libertarian. Many questions asked overlap with conservatives and liberals. That quiz seems to lime to make everyone think they’re libertarians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting- I sit on the very corner of moderate between conservative and libertarian. This would have surprised me 20 years ago....seems about right now.
    1714792635065.png

I suspect that far more people will score Libertarian than are actually libertarians. I share individualism with libertarians but I still disagree with them more than I agree with them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not surprised that people score libertarian who didn’t know they were libertarian. Many questions asked overlap with conservatives and liberals. That quiz seems to lime to make everyone think they’re libertarians.
    #fakenews! LOL

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Play around with the answers and you can swing the results to any of the options ... just be careful that when responding to some of the questions you may need some help clicking the button ... yes, it's that distasteful!

Top Bottom