• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Read the Thread about the Arizona law and thought this question should be on another thread.

How do the courts rulings play differently if the law is not a law but an amendment to the States Constitution?

Curious what you smart lawyer types knew about this stuff...

M

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Arizona has just become the first to pass a law requiring proof of US birth to be on the presidenial ballot in the state, now we will find out about that birth certificate. There are several other states working on this as well.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Not sure if this is what you are talking about, and I'd love to hear what people who KNOW what is going on say, but there was a sound byte on the news (I missed the story) that AZ courts had essentially blocked the new immigration laws from taking place? I assume the OP means to say that the next step would be to change the state constitution as a result of this?

It is amazing to me how the word "illegal" somehow doesn't mean "breaking the law and thereby punished" anymore. The fact that states have to write laws to be able to prosecute someone who is clearly violating the immigration law is ridiculous.

On the other hand, perhaps the liberals are right, maybe we should start becoming more in tune with the international community. I say we adopt the immigration laws of a progressive country such as China, Iran, or maybe even, do I dare say? Mexico.

Top Bottom