• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Why are you defending his compassion for his fellow man? That was never in question.

I got carried away by a WWJD moment...Please forgive as I meant not to insinuate that it was being questioned...Other folks have and I just got all caught up in the moment....

Please accept my humble apology and (in my best King James voice.)

"Know ye all here present that I did not mean to insinuate nakinate ever doubted fellow INGOer Paulf's compassion for his fellow man...In a moment of the rush of the Holy Spirit and a genuine love for my fellow man I jumped to Paul's defense from posts that are nearly two years old..."

Seriously I didn't mean that to be directed towards you...

I fixed it nakinate

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I see a gathering of pitchforks and torches beginning to form... Let me jump in blindly.

That is truly the best way brother...We have not had a good old fashioned Atheist vs Theist debate in a while...We got all caught up in the BLM movement and the events in Dallas and forgot what's truly important...

Eternally arguing over eternity....:)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The group that annoys me the most are the Evangelical Atheists. The ones that do not believe in the existence of God and actively try to make sure you don't either.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The group that annoys me the most are the Evangelical Atheists.

They are the ones I love the most.....By there own scientific methodology their premise is indefensible.....Neither side is provable scientifically.....

There is a reason Lawrence Krauss was kept out of the "Four Horsemen of the Anti Apocalypse" club...He can't debate worth crap and is intellectually dishonest.....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Wow-
    I'm going to leave my faith right here. This thread seems to be running out.

Phatgemi-
    Did you get pix? I'd love to see them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    PaulF isn't fond of religion.

If have a thorough mistrust of anyone that claims to speak for the almighty, or that a third party would ever even be needed to do so in the first place. If such thing as "God" existed at all I see no reason to think it would need another person to tell me what it wants from me.

You don't. Each comes to God in his/her own way...or not. You don't need a Jimmy Swaggard or Pastor Smith, down at the Church of God on E. Maple St. telling you what God has to say.

I have a double mistrust for anyone trying to use government power to affect "god's" agenda. I have a pretty good imagination, but I can't figure out what "God" can accomplish through earthly legislation than it can through eternal judgement.
    . God's moral laws, if you are faithful and follow them, do not need legislation. In fact, I suggest, if we all followed His laws (whether you're religious or not) we wouldn't need an exponentially growing federal and state government to come up with new laws to codify every possible human behavior.

Human beings have far too universal a trait of turning a blind eye to the evils of their own religion. We are all so quick to damn the other groups when they commit wrongs, but we refuse to see the evils we visit upon others in the name of our own gods.

Sure, I'm "not fond" of Christianity, but less so than some others out there right now.

We all are sinners and fall short of the glory of God. I'm no Buddhist or Jew or most of the other religions but most of them, to the extent I understand them, do not preach evil. Speaking for Chrisianity, I know it does not. The people that follow it are the problem. And Jesus warned us this would always be the case.

As to your remark about being fond of religion, I'm with you in one respect, PaulF---there are Christians that are hard to like, there are pastors that bastardize the Gospel; there are people that use the cloak of their religion to rationalize things that Jesus would probably "flip tables over and chase with whips". And quite frankly, with the way many "religious people" act, it's a wonder more people aren't flocking away from the church.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Ken ham wanted to prove that a 600-year old man built a seaworthy vessel from gopher wood by himself by constructing a stationary building of concrete and steel using a crew of modern machinery and an army of manpower. He is paying for it with tax incentives intended to spur economic activity for all Kentucky residents but staffing it exclusively with those that agree with his very narrow view...a view that increasingly fewer Christians even agree to hold.

There are cities older than Ken Ham imagines the world to be...that's all you need to know about the 'ark encounter'.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PaulF again.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Depends on your definition of "close". Its a 45 minute drive from one to the other.

I stand corrected. When we were there earlier this year, the information made it seem like it was on the back of the property. I obviously read it wrong. Thank you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The group that annoys me the most are the Evangelical Atheists. The ones that do not believe in the existence of God and actively try to make sure you don't either.

You could not be any more correct. Proselytizing evangelical atheists usually don't realize that they're practicing their own religion when they're denouncing other religions and faiths. It's world class irony and irritating at the same time.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You could not be any more correct. Proselytizing evangelical atheists usually don't realize that they're practicing their own religion when they're denouncing other religions and faiths. It's world class irony and irritating at the same time.

bingo. You just stare at them and think "you really have no idea how much of a hypocrite you are being right now do you?" and they really don't see it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

It takes a fair amount of arrogance to profess to know the greatest mysteries of the universe, regardless of the position one takes on the existence or non-existence of supernatural beings.
    To suggest that one has certainly chosen the correct faith, out of the hundreds of religions and thousands of sects that have existed over the course of human history, takes even more chutzpah.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ken ham wanted to prove that a 600-year old man built a seaworthy vessel from gopher wood by himself by constructing a stationary building of concrete and steel using a crew of modern machinery and an army of manpower. He is paying for it with tax incentives intended to spur economic activity for all Kentucky residents but staffing it exclusively with those that agree with his very narrow view...a view that increasingly fewer Christians even agree to hold.

There are cities older than Ken Ham imagines the world to be...that's all you need to know about the 'ark encounter'.
    That's ALL?:dunno:

Top Bottom