• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I have zero issues with private, armed security. But, IMO I want them properly trained, properly armed, and properly paid.

Events over the last few years have more than adequately demonstrated that the days of minimum wage 'Paul Blart' security guards has passed.

Business (like malls, theaters, etc.) should be held fully accountable and liable (even criminally so) for their failure to provide adequate, proper security for its patrons. Especially so for those businesses that attempt to disarm it's law-abiding and lawfully armed customers. This includes gun shows that actually seek business from the legally armed citizen.

MjQ-G18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Greenfield
    I have zero issues with private, armed security. But, IMO I want them properly trained, properly armed, and properly paid.

Events over the last few years have more than adequately demonstrated that the days of minimum wage 'Paul Blart' security guards has passed.

Business (like malls, theaters, etc.) should be held fully accountable and liable (even criminally so) for their failure to provide adequate, proper security for its patrons. Especially so for those businesses that attempt to disarm it's law-abiding and lawfully armed customers. This includes gun shows that actually seek business from the legally armed citizen.

You would think that its just a given to have security at places like these. They have secuity at night in the form of an alarm you would think the would have some sort of security during the day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, if there's no reported instance of them portraying themselves to the public as having law enforcement powers, then I don't see how this will stick.... and I'm assuming the cars didn't have cherries and berries light bars. As for them claiming to be armed, and the plastic guns.... are "real" guns the definition of being armed? They could have a butter knife in their boots and still technically qualify as being "armed."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

If the police have no duty to protect, why should a business?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    What good is security with plastic guns ? Don't quit get the whole Idea behind it... Hmmmmm, So when the bad guys comes or has real guns what happens next ???

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Call your rep and push:

HOUSE BILL No. 1244
    _____
    DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL
    Citations Affected: IC 34-24-5; IC 34-30-20.5.
    Synopsis: Firearms on business premises. Permits a person to bring an action for
    damages against a business entity having a policy of barring possession of a firearm on
    the entity's property, if: (1) the person suffers a loss due to criminal activity on the entity's
    property; and (2) the loss could have been avoided or reduced if the business entity did
    not prohibit possession of a firearm on its property. Provides that a person who does not
    prohibit: (1) an individual from possessing a firearm on the person's property; or (2) the
    person's employees from possessing a firearm while the employees are acting within the
    scope of their employment; is immune from civil liability with respect to any claim based on
    the person's failure to adopt such a policy.
    Effective: July 1, 2015.
    Lucas, VanNatter
    January 13, 2015, read first time and referred to Committee on Public Policy.
    2015 IN

Top Bottom