Armscor CZ Clone - Anyone know anything about these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are many decent CZ clones and if you were not interested in any upgrades they can be inexpensive and very serviceable weapons. But, if you want to do any mods you are usually out of luck.

Well.......that is that. No ticky no washy.

There is a Brand new 97 in Carmel........Now, if I could sell one of the kids.......:)

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a CZ Clone that is comparable to a CZ. A Tanfoglio Stock 2 9mm. It is the gun all the USPSA Production shooters want. They are hard as hell to find but are amazing guns. Just like a CZ they take some polishing and changing some springs to get a great DA/SA trigger pull.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've been browsing the Armscor website this morning and see that they are all over the place with stuff I don't remember seeing before. Stuff like Glock conversions, baby 1911s, and a ton of 1911 combinations. I also came across this: https://us.armscor.com/products/map-ms-9mm

View attachment 38662

It looks like a CZ clone, done very similar to how EAA has Tanfoglio build them. Are these more Tanfoglio pistols, with yet another brand rollmarked or is Armscor starting to build their own CZ clones to go alongside thier 1911 clones? I'm guessing that these are rebranded Tanfoglios based on the grips that look to be identical to my 10mm Witness. So far, it looks like they are only doing 9mm in either steel or poly with full size and mid-size options. It's a shame to see that they still have the Tanfoglio milled in front sights instead of somethign replaceable.

Yes these are Tanfoglio made and are on the pre-2005 frame size. Map1 is all steel while the Mapp1 is poly framed. The folks at the link below have all the info you could ever want on these and other CZ copies.
    The Armalite 24 is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey.

CZ CLONE CLUB

I owned a Map1 for a time and it was a mistake letting it go. CZ 75 mags fit perfectly in it .
    Been thinking of ordering another from Buds
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...614/ROCK+ISLAND+ARMORY+RIA+MAP1+FULL+SIZE+9MM

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have two of the SAR B6P compacts (bought the 2nd to have parts available if needed since we aren't playing well with Turkey). They are fun range guns, especially like to use them as guest weapons. They shoot similar to CZs but there the similarity ends. Carry a CZ, would not carry one of these.

Top Bottom